Jamel Turner shot, in critical condition

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Police say an Ohio State football recruit Jamel Turner is in critical condition and a 17-year-old girl is dead after both were shot multiple times early Saturday morning in Youngstown.

Turner, a defensive end who played high school ball at Ursuline High School in his native Youngstown, signed with the Buckeyes in February.

Coach Jim Tressel issued a statement Saturday night saying, "I'm so sad to hear of Jamel's misfortune. I have not communicated with Jamel, but am certainly praying for him at this time."

Turner was ruled academically ineligible before graduating from Ursuline, and enrolled at Fork Union (Va.) Military Academy, where he played football last fall. But he left the academy earlier this year.
This is awful.. Apparently he was in with the wrong crowd and this happened.. Hope he gets better.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Never heard of him, but nonetheless hope he pulls throw and gets his life back on track.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
damn, you never wanna hear about this kinda stuff. hope he gets better and lives on to play. also sad to hear about the girl, r.i.p

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's sad that things like this still go on in the world. Hope Turner recovers and it's definitely a tragedy of the death, r.i.p.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
May that girl RIP and hopefully he recovers well.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope the kid recovers. This has been a tough week for buckeyes fans with this news and the Duron Carter situation.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just hope the kid makes a full recovery.. Probably won' be able to play football anymore. Carter thing kinda sucks but he was going to be at best the 3rd WR, probably would have ended up 4th or 5th.

Mooche

Reaction score
I just hope the kid makes a full recovery.. Probably won' be able to play football anymore. Carter thing kinda sucks but he was going to be at best the 3rd WR, probably would have ended up 4th or 5th.
That's truly what is so sad about this situation though. The kid might not be able to ever walk on that field again and play the game of football, if he does pull through in the end. Man, this is just such an ugly situation, my prayers are will all of the families involved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%