Jagr, Giroux, JVR set to meet with media

Status
Not open for further replies.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
One of the Flyers big free-agent acquisitions, Jaromir Jagr, will be holding a press conference with the media at 1 p.m. here at the Flyers Skate Zone.

He seems to be taking in much of the session and watching attentively while working drills with his linemates. There doesn't seem to be much interaction with other players, but that was probably expected. He seems to have nice jump but it is strange to see him wearing orange and black.

He opened the first practice on a line with left wing James van Riemsdyk and center Claude Giroux. He also participated in 2-on-1's with Max Talbot. Jagr and Talbot signed deals with the Atlantic Division champion Flyers in the offseason.

The 39-year-old Jagr was a first-round pick of the Penguins in 1990. He inked a one-year deal worth $3.3 million, and Talbot, 27, who scored a game-winning Stanley Cup goal for the Penguins in 2009, signed a five-year deal worth $9 million.

As for Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger, who was named the 18th captain in franchise history Friday afternoon, was here early at the Skate Zone doing his on-ice rehab with Ian Laperriere.

"I think a lot of this whole captain stuff gets a little overblown," Pronger told the media during a conference call on Friday evening. "It takes everybody pulling in the same direction. I said it last year, I said it the year before, I've said it for a number of years now to anybody who asked me that question -- that the whole captaincy thing gets a little blown out of proportion with respect to who gets the blame and who gets the credit."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%