cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Watch and you be the judge:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?cid=mlb

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It looks like the tag missed and went under his arm, which makes it look like he was safe.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Skip Bayless put it perfectly. It's an optical illusion, the throw being there so early tricks your mind into thinking that he's out, but I've yet to see a replay where the glove is definitely touching his leg.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Skip Bayless put it perfectly. It's an optical illusion, the throw being there so early tricks your mind into thinking that he's out, but I've yet to see a replay where the glove is definitely touching his leg.
The reaction of Lugo also comes into play here too though. It looks like he thought he was out until the umpire called him safe.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yea they showed it in slow motion a close up on sportscenter this morning and it didnt touch the guy at all almost did though.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
The thing that shows you that he did tag him is how Lugo reacted. At first you can see he knows he's out but when the umpire calls him safe you can see he is a little surprised but starts celebrating. The play is a lot closer then it first appears but I still believe he was out.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I think its a very close play, but when I look at it again I think he is safe. You cant conclusively see the tag being applied at all. The other thing is, consider who has the best view of the play; the umpire.

The umpire was right there and could see the play perfectly, he wouldve seen the tag applied. As for the Pirates catcher. Epic fail for doing a swipe tag, needs to man up and do it the right way.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dude seen what he saw, right call or not, it can't be changed.
From his angle he could of looked completely safe.

I learned from experience <_<

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you and skip bayless need to stop

http://bucsbits.mlblogs.com/2011/07/27/meals-i-was-incorrect-in-my-decision/

“After coming into the locker room, I reviewed the incident through our videos that we have in here and after seeing a few of them, on one particular replay, I was able to see that Lugo’s pant leg moved ever so slightly when the swipe tag was attempted by McKenry. That’s telling me that I was incorrect in my decision and that he should have been ruled out and not safe.”

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
you and skip bayless need to stop

http://bucsbits.mlblogs.com/2011/07/27/meals-i-was-incorrect-in-my-decision/
I've seen every angle of it and don't see what he's saying

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I think he just barely tagged him, I think it was a lot closer than what most people would think though.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I call Skip an idiot all the time, he also makes great points from time to time.

Fail to see what that has to do with my opinion of this call.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I still dont see the tag, maybe at the end where Lugo's knee bends a little but its so close.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%