Indians Undecided on Grady Sizemore's Contract Option

Reaction score
The Indians are still undecided on whether to exercise the $9 million option on outfielder Grady Sizemore.

Per ESPN's Doug Mittler, the Indians may cut the cord on the relationship. If the option is declined, Sizemore would become a free agent, with several teams certain to show interest, including the Tigers, Dodgers, and Mariners. The Indians could also try and trade Sizemore to a club willing to take the chance on an outfielder that's played in just 104 games the past two years combined.

rotoworld
Sizemore is still a great player, but has had some issues staying healthy over the course of his career. If they really do end up letting him walk to free agency, I expect a lot of teams to come calling. What teams could you guys see being interested in him? And do you think Cleveland should re-sign him or let him go?

Thoughts?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why do they think the Tigers would be interested in him?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Decline it and don't think twice. Not worth it to depend on him like we've done the last 3 years, then watch him get hurt doing simple tasks like running the bases..

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dodgers certain to show interest?
doubt it

i was thinking Giants

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't see a free agent hitter looking to rebuild his career going to San Fran..

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if he's a FA on a 1 year deal maybe

i would love him if he could stay healthy
i'd trade ethier for something decent and have him replace him, but thats not happening

Nats make sense too

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why Ethier? Sizemore can't play RF, his arm is way too weak. A move to LF would make a lot of sense though.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah LF

Sands played a lot of RF for the Dodgers when Ethier was out
he played only LF/1B in the minors, and Juan Rivera played RF for the dodgers before sands
they could have kept sands in LF the last month to watch how he does, but they kept him right knowing Rivera could play it.

makes me think they will look at trading Ethier

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's a shame hes made of glass, 33 homers and 38 stolen bases playing a gold glove CF back when he was 26 years old. Even Ozzie Gullien called him the best player in the AL Central at one point. He might be having another surgery soon, which would probably be the reason the Indians decline his option.

Personally, I just hope they decline it and use the 9 million we would be paying him on another outfielder, who we can actually depend on. Or make a trade for a CF (BJ Upton, someone young who is underachieving and needs a team change) and then use that money on a starting pitcher or first baseman.. idk, just something other then Sizemore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%