Horton healthy, ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
It doesn't look like the concussion that ended Nathan Horton's participation in the 2011 Stanley Cup Final is going to affect his contributions to the Bruins at the start of the 2011-12 season.

Horton, on hand Wednesday night to participate in Milan Lucic's charity softball tournament at LeLacheur Park, said he's feeling fine and will be ready to go when training camp opens next month.

"I'll definitely be ready," he said. "I'd be ready right now if we started."

Horton's season ended on June 6 when he was hit late and high by Vancouver defenseman Aaron Rome during Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final. From there, Horton's contributions to Boston's cause were limited to a cheering cameo on the TD Garden scoreboard, a locker-room presentation of the team's lucky jacket to Rich Peverley after Boston's Game 4 win, and pouring "dirty water" from Boston onto the Rogers Arena ice prior to the Bruins' Game 7 victory.

Nonetheless, Horton felt as much as part of the triumph as he could.

"Even though I didn't play in the end, it was a lot of fun to be there and to see my teammates and just celebrate with them," Horton said. "It was such an amazing feeling. Like everyone says, you dream of it as a kid, and it's just pretty special and something that a lot of people don't get to do in their life."

Days after the Bruins won the Cup, Horton said he felt symptom-free. He has stayed that way during the summer, as he rested and then started his workout regimen during the club's shortened offseason. He hasn't skated yet, but expects to get some new skates and hit the ice in Boston soon.

"It's hard to say, because I was just so excited," Horton said about his health when the season ended. "I didn't feel too bad. Flying on a plane and stuff didn't bother me, and I was real excited that we won. I felt pretty good. I didn't feel bad. Right after it happened, I didn't feel great, but I didn't feel as bad as I thought I should have. Right now I feel great."

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
Great news for the Bruins ... This guy was simply awesome last season for them .

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
Ya, and he was a major role in their series against tampa

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
Not only Tampa the main reason they won the cup is because they won the series against us ( MTL ) and the reason they won is Horton !

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
Ya i gotta agree, he was pretty stellar all playoffs, and all regular season for that matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%