Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
Not bad.  Pretty cool idea.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jerseys aren't bad but the caps are butt. I like that they are paying homage to the Padres' taco look. 

Burkhalter

Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
every team will get that this season. its actually a smart idea.

Not if you're colorblind, as with the red green day that I linked to. And regardless the lack of contrast is rather unappealing. But they'll do anything in the name of possible merchandise. Just like breast cancer awareness, where VERY little of the proceeds actually benefits research (~8% according to this SI article). It's simply more merchandise.

http://www.si.com/thecauldron/2015/10/26/nfl-breast-cancer-month-deangelo-williams

But I digress. The MLB has to do something different with these jerseys to make them marketable, and if they do sell then they did their job. They are still pretty ugly though.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i understand the color blindness thing. that was poor judgement on the leagues fault and the breast cancer thing is really sad, and the fines they do for players not wearing league approved cleats is dumb too.

for the money, the color rush is smart though.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the mlb as a whole is too old school. cheato said something about the logos. theyre all old as hell. generic. same goes with these jerseys(i like them) but theyre hung up on the last and most of the fans are too.

Burkhalter

Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
i understand the color blindness thing. that was poor judgement on the leagues fault and the breast cancer thing is really sad, and the fines they do for players not wearing league approved cleats is dumb too.

for the money, the color rush is smart though.

I agree that they have/will continue to make good money off of the color rush, though it'll continue to be widely unpopular among the fans and players, some of whom are also colorblind. Hopefully they at least avoid red/green matchups in the future, though of the NFL that may be too much to ask.

It's funny how the MLB goes retro with every chance they get but the commissioners main goal in life is to try to appeal to younger fans, as the average age of MLB fans is high enough to apply for social security.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
MLB needs to do another Turn Ahead the Clock Promotion. I was like 3 when it was originally done.

Except this time don't let someone who is coked up design the jerseys. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
i was quite disappointed that the Thome statue they made did not have him holding his junk. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%