Harvin collapses, taken away in ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin collapsed at the team’s Winter Park facility Thursday while watching practice and was loaded into an ambulance.

Harvin, who has suffered from severe migraines, was not on the field for the start of practice. He was seen talking to head athletic trainer Eric Sugarman outside the locker room at Winter Park and then jogged onto the field to watch practice. A few minutes later, Harvin vomited and then fell to the ground.

Practice continued as the team’s medical staff tended to him. After about 10 minutes, a police car and ambulance from the Hennepin County Medical Center arrived and EMTs tended to Harvin as practice stopped and players watched.

Harvin missed two weeks of training camp while dealing with migraines after the death of his grandmother. Harvin has suffered from severe migraines since he was 10. He missed a number of practices and one game last season, his rookie season, while dealing with them. Harvin said the severe effects include vomiting and loss of vision.

Harvin was scheduled to talk to reporters Thursday for the first time since he left training camp in Mankato on Aug. 1. The team held a prayer on the field while he was worked on by EMTs inside the ambulance.

Source: Star Tribune

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Wow, that doesn't sound good at all. Hope everything is alright with him. If I remember correctly hes only in his early 20's.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Damn if he really has been getting these migraines since he was only ten then this is more serious than I thought.

Mooche

Reaction score
I feel horrible for Percy. Ugh. Hopefully all goes well..

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Hopefully he's alright. Wish him all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%