Guillen, Marlins Will Agree To Four-Year Deal

Reaction score
Ozzie Guillen, released from his contract with the White Sox, will sign a four-year contract to become the next manager of the Marlins, according to a source.

Guillen will not be in uniform for the final two games of the season.

The White Sox said in their release on Monday night that they expect to be compensated by the Marlins, who will reportedly send two minor leaguers to Chicago.
http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/27279/20110927/guillen_marlins_will_agree_to_four_year_deal/

Guillen is a great manager, just not in Chicago anymore. Put him on that Marlins team and I think he fits almost perfectly. They need a guy with some attitude there, that isn't worried about his image. Players will learn to respect and listen to him, or else they'll get benched. I think this is awesome for the Marlins' organization, and will start improving their team immediately.

Thoughts?

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ozzie has a chip on his shoulder and thinks his shit don't stink.

it will same stuff down in Miami

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I feel like this will fail miserably lol.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Seen this coming, will be interesting to see if it works out for him and the Marlins. He might be able to turn them around, but it's going to take some work.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Atleast the Marlins will have something else to talk about besides the fact that they are so cheap when it comes to payroll.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I guess a lot more foreigners will be coming into port with their fake IDs ready to suit up for Ozzie.

... too soon?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would the Marlins of all teams add that kind of salary for an average pitcher? Unless he gets cut there is no way that is happening.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
cubs have to do something. he cant come back

either cut him, or trade him eating most of or all of his contract

and if he becomes a FA, Marlins would be the #1 spot

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I think this is actually a good move by the Marlins, Ozzie always makes sure his players play tough and he is very demanding which I think is good for those young Marlins. Itll add some more spice to NL East which is good as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%