Griffin done for season

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It was believed Blake Griffin was on the comeback trail from his fractured kneecap, and would possibly make his NBA debut this month after sitting out the entire season so far.

But bad, bad news for the Clippers today: their No. 1 draft pick's left patella was giving him discomfort again, and an examination has determined the healing hasn't improved to where it should be at. As such, Griffin will undergo surgery, and will be out four to six months, which means he won't return this season, according to a press release sent out by the team.

The Clippers (17-19) have been rounding into shape of late, as they've won five or their last seven and are pushing close to the last playoff spot in the West at three games back. Griffin could have given them an extra push during the stretch run of the season to try and eek out a playoff spot, but they'll now have to try and advance to the postseason without him.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Blake is gonna be a bust just like Oden. Both are injury prone and will continue to be injury prone. To bad for the Clippers.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^too soon to call him a bust, he hasnt even played a game yet

lets give him the benefit of the doubt

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didnt say he was a bust im just saying he is gonna be a bust. I can already see it happening.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah it is way too early to predict those kind of things but it could happen in the future

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im saying this though because he can only shoot inside shoots and you need to be powerful and use your legs so I see him as being a bust in the future just my opinion.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im saying this though because he can only shoot inside shoots and you need to be powerful and use your legs so I see him as being a bust in the future just my opinion.
He's a big man and thats what he's supposed to do. He has the capability to be a star in this league

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But with his knee that will hinder his ability to drive and jump which will mean less points and worse defense on his side.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You never know. He could come back better than ever after sitting a whole year out. I don't even like the guy and I'm saying this btw

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But with his knee that will hinder his ability to drive and jump which will mean less points and worse defense on his side.
A lot of big men have came back from knee injury and were still capable of being the guy they were. Like Shel and Mexi said, it's too early to tell

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dag I feel sorry for the Clippers. They just can't get into that playoff race with consistency due to more and more setbacks.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Greg Oden was an instant bust according to everyone when he got his first injury, so Blake Griffin must be as well..

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Greg Oden was an instant bust according to everyone when he got his first injury, so Blake Griffin must be as well..
What he said.^

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didnt say GO was a bust... when he first got injured. You gotta let them play first. But this really shouldnt be a shocker if you know your background info it was reported blake had knee problems in high school.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Greg Oden will be fine

but not a star imo

he's Marcus Camby with no jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%