Give your team's draft a grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oiler35

Reaction score
Give your team a report card. A+ to F.

Indianapolis Colts: A-

Draft Picks: Jerry Hughes, Pat Angerer, Kevin Thomas, Jacques McClendon, Brody Eldridge.

The Indianapolis Colts filled all of their needs (OL, CB, DL) throughout the draft.

With the first round pick of Jerry Hughes, Indianapolis adds to the already scary duo of Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis. I see Hughes being a guy that plays first and second down, while the big guys come in on third. This guy will be a great player down the road. Don't forget this guy.

Pat Angerer is an undersized LB, but plugs the holes on run plays. The main downside to Angerer is that he is often creamed by offensive linemen, which might be a bigger problem in the pros, when the guys get bigger. Look for him in a few years in a starting role, and this year on special teams.

Kevin Thomas only started for one season at USC, which worries me already, but he's good sized (6'0"), and very athletic. He lacks the ability to pitch in on the run game, but his pass coverage ain't bad. He has the ability to become a great player, but before we see him fully on the field, he'll need a lot of work.

Jacques McClendon is a very large man, who is great in the short yardage situation. With this pick, the Colts add great depth to the interior of the offensive line, and this young man may develop into a much bigger role in the future. I wouldn't expect him to play this year, but watch for him in 2011/2012.

Brody Eldridge is one of the best blocking TE's in the nation. He played guard, center, and tight end at Oklahoma, and was able to knock quite a few men on their asses. He isn't the type of TE that would be able to hall in passes, but he's a guy that would be called in for the 3rd and shorts.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Giants - C

not going to go through pick by pick, but the Giants failed to utilize their first two rounds to improve at positions with dire need of improvement, for instance MLB, OL and RB. The Giants knew they needed a guy like McClain and should have traded up to get him, but sat in their seat and let the draft take it's course.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I think the Giants were surprised more than anything that Mcclain got selected so early. I did want them to select a LB in the 1st round. We're just going to have to wait and see what happens, but I have a good feeling that Jason is going to be really great on our team.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chicago Bears - B

Major Wright (FS Florida) - Wright fills a major whole in the secondary and it expected to start at FS in Week #1. Wright has excellent speed, running a 4.40 at the NFL Combine, so he should be able to cover the field. The addition of Chris Harris alongside Wright, gives the Bears new life for a unit that struggled with consistency last season.

Corey Wootton (DE Northwestern) - Wootton was projected as a potential first round pick after his junior season. Injuries pushed him to the fourth round, where he was a great value pick for the Bears who lost Adewale Ogunleye, Alex Brown, and the late Gaines Adams over the off-season. Wootton could complete for a starting job opposite Julius Peppers.

Joshua Moore (CB Kansas State) - Moore is a nice addition that should compete for a spot on the roster. He adds depth to the defensive backfield and should play on special teams. His lack of strength, only two bench reps at the combine, have caused some concern, but the Bears coaching staff is convinced he is good enough in coverage to give him a look.

Dan LeFevour (QB Central Michigan) - LeFevour was another value pick for the Bears in the sixth round. Many had the quarterback being selected a lot higher, so when he fell to the Bears it was a solid selection. Fans around Chicago weren't initially excited, but Chicago doesn't have a proven backup for Jay Cutler, so LeFevour should compete with Caleb Hanie and Brett Basanez for the backup job.

J'Marcus Webb (OT West Texas A&M) - Webb has been getting a lot of hype from the Bears faithful, but this 7th round pick will have to prove himself to make the team. He has great size at 6'8" 338lbs and even started his freshman year at Texas (yes, Texas). If he proves himself, he could be an option to play at RT opposite of Chris Williams where there is a lot of question.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Bengals - A-

Needed to desperately help Carson Palmer out, and that's exactly what the Bengals have done throughout the off season picking up Antonio Bryant, taking Coles position from last year. Then, with the draft selecting a big TE (Jermaine Gresham) something Carson has never really had. The additions of Jordan Shipley and Dezmon Briscoe should be nice additions for Palmer as well. So, I definitely think we've added the right players to correct what the biggest problem was last year and that was the passing game. We didn't really do much on defense but that was where the Bengals were strong last year so with the additions of Brandon Ghee and Carlos Dunlap should help out, need to get more pressure on opposing QB's. I don't like it when the Bengals have to blitz to get any kind of pressure on the QB. With Odom coming back, Peko, Tank Johnson, and the addition of Carlos Dunlap, I believe the defensive line will be better. Only thing I didn't like was not drafting a safety, I feel the Bengals need a better safety with Roy Williams getting injured a lot and Chris Crocker is just getting old. I would of preferred Taylor Mays in the second round but he's questionable as well, just like the intensity he brings and he's a lot younger. The Bengals actually tried to trade up to select Taylor Mays but teams just wanted too much and Mike Brown isn't one to give draft picks away. So, the reason I give the Bengals an A- is because I believe they targeted the biggest needs and added some depth to the offensive line/defense so I can't really complain.

WhenIRap

valanciunas
Reaction score
New York Jets- B+
Good <Censored> with McKnight and KYLE WILSON OMGZZZ.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Browns - B

Joe Haden - He was a very good pick at #7, has the chance to be a lock down corner and it appears he loves to play football. Him and Eric Wright at CB should be amazing.

TJ Ward - We reached for him, but I don't know much about him except he is a hard hitter, hopefully he develops.

Montario Hardesty - This was my favorite pick, even though it was a reach. He is a tough physical runner from Tennessee, was able to get like 1.4K yards and 13 TDs in the tough SEC with no offensive line and no passing game on Tenn.

Colt McCoy - Very good value pick but I'm not sold on Colt

Shawn Lauvao - Offensive lineman, could start from day 1. He started like 33 consecutive games for ASU, so he is durable at least.

Larry Asante - Like Ward, he is a hard hitter, and that's all I know about him. He plays safety.

Carlton Mitchell - He is 6'3, weighs 215 with 4.4 40 speed. Has the chance to be a real good receiver if he runs routes better and catches better. Project player with high upside

Clifton Geathers - Another project player, but man, he is 6'8 and weighs 300 pounds at DE. Really high upside.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A-, easily.

Ndamukonng Suh - No explanation needed.
Jahvid Best - Desperately needed a RB, and probably got the 2nd best one out of the draft, could of possibly been first if he avoided injuries.
Amari Spievey - Nice CB that has all the tools to start from us right off the get.
Jason Fox - Dude is HUGE, if he gets stronger he can be a force on the o-line.
Willie Horton - Needs to get stronger, but does a good job at getting to the QB. If he gets stronger he could be a force.
Tim Toone - Will be a fan favorite, won't get a lot of WR goes but will be a great special teams guys with that speed.

However with our picks we also got Chris Houston, Corey Williams, and Adam Scheffler. So basically this draft got us at least 6 starters in it.

TTN2810

Reaction score
TENNESSEE TITANS DRAFT GRADE

Round One - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech (Pick Grade A)

This guy is almost a sure thing. He's isn't elite off the edge, but very close too it. He is a force in the passing game and the rushing game. He immediately makes the Titans defense better overall. No more will opposing QB's pass for 500 yards.

Round Three - Damian Williams, WR, USC (Pick Grade A)

One of the most under-rated players in this draft. He was by far the best route runner in the class, though he does not have elite speed, on film he shows great acceleration to sqeeze away from tacklers. Speed for WR's is very over-rated (see Ginn, Williamson, Bey, and the opposite, Jerry Rice). He is by no means slow. He has a ton of potential to become a threat in the offense, and special teams as a PR. He returned 2 punts for six last year alone. Could be a Desean Jackson type without the elite speed.

Round Three - Rennie Curran, LB, Georgia (Pick Grade C)

A small-ish linebacker, from a big time program. He could possibly become a starter, as he has talent. The Titans do have a small linebacker in Stephen Tulloch, who has 121 tackles last year, and was undrafted.

Round Four - Alterraun Verner, CB, UCLA (Pick Grade B)

I don't know much about this guy, although I heard he was one of the smartest players coming into the league this year. He played at UCLA, so he obviously played against good talent. He would not be surprised at all if this guy gets a shot to start over Nick Harper.

Round Five - Round Seven:

Robert Johnson, DB, Utah - Could potentially develop into starter over Hope.
Rusty Smith, QB, Florida Atlantic - Loved this guy in college. Big strong guy who really produced in Sophmore and Junior year. Good solid back-up.
Myron Rolle, CB, Florida State - He's a Rhode Scholar, who was a very good safety with 2nd round potential before he stopped playing football.
Marc Mariani, WR, Montana
David Howard, DT, Brown

Overall Grade - A

The Titans sured up thier WR core, along with D-Line (free agency helped with this too). They got 2 potential starters for their D, hopefully to take over for Hope and Harper. They targeted their weaknesses and came out stronger. One of their best draft classes in years.

LOL, I should make a Titans blog.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
MINNESOTA VIKINGS : B

CB Chris Cook, Virginia
If you check my 1st Round Mock, I called this pick. I knew the Vikings were high on him & for good reason. Cook is the best suited CB in the class to play the Tampa 2 scheme. I was thinking that the pre-draft addition of Lito Sheppard might of meant the Vikings looked elsewhere...but Sheppard or not, depth in the secondary was an Achilles heel last season. On that note, thank God Karl Paymah is now a 49er.

RB Toby Gerhart, Stanford
One thing the Vikings have managed to do, every draft, since Childress, is make a very interesting pick. With such a big need to replenish the D-Line, the Vikings may have reached on this pick but if you look at the dimension Gerhart can bring...he's well worth it. With Adrian Peterson's half-season no-show, Chester Taylor was such a huge factor on 3rd downs and drives where Peterson just wasn't effective. Gerhart may not become the big pass-catching back Taylor is but his bruising style of play will allow the Vikings to not have to rely on Adrian so much, when it comes to those tough carries. Toby Gerhart may have just prolonged Adrian Peterson's career. Gerhart is a guy that is gonna need to find a niche' and I expect him to find one as quick as Percy Harvin did in the Vikings offense.

DE Everson Griffen, USC
This could be the steal in the draft. A long projected 1st round pick, Griffen carried several question-marks & his stock fell on draft day(s). Griffen couldn't of asked for a better situation to be in, one that won't require him to step into any-type of a starting role. Griffen is behind Allen, Edwards, and Robison, meaning he's got plenty of time to watch, listen, learn, and mature.

OL Chris Degeare, Wake Forrest
Collegiate problem child who has a long way to go mentally. Physically, the guy is a beast. Offensive lineman have a hell of a learning curve when it comes to the NFL and the jury will be out on this kid for a while. Would of liked for the Vikings go OL earlier but I can't knock the picks they made in lieu of. Lets just hope Loadholt continues to mature and McKinnie actually gives a <Censored> this season.

LB Nate Triplett, Minnesota
Local kid, 1-year college starter but a super-productive 1-year starter. He's got some experience to gain but he strikes me as a gamer, somebody that doesn't take opportunity for granted. He's a great tackler and he'll work his ass off. I think this is gonna be a good guy to have on our special teams for a long time. Special teams also being a big weakspot for us in recent years.

QB/WR Joe Webb, UAB
Webb won't be a quarterback in our offense and we do have "the big 3" receivers. What good is Webb? Go check out the YouTube video of his vertical leap. Size, Speed, all the athleticism in the world. Webb will be utilized as a nice "X-Factor" in multiple situations. I am just as excited about him as I am Cook & Gerhart.

TE Mickey Schuler, Penn State
Nice pick here, Kleinsasser isn't getting any younger. Schuler is another guy that will go to war on the offensive line. Like his size, bloody-style of play, and he's got a great football pedigree.

LB Ryan D'Imperio, Rutgers
7th round pick, may or may not make the team. He's no hidden gem, not the next Tom Brady-like draft pick. He's undersized but was very productive in his senior year at Rutgers.

* * * Again, would of liked to see the Vikes nab a Tackle in the 2nd round & I really, really, really wish we wouldn't of passed on Jimmy Clausen. Favre or no Favre, Clausen has the potential to be the better NFL quarterback of any taken in this draft. Clausen is the most NFL-ready of the elite QB's drafted and he's used to carrying a ton of pressure on the field with him.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
B+ Would be hire if the big needs of CB and OL would of been addressed earlier, even though I did like the pick of Suh and Best.

1.2 - Ndamukong Suh
Once I heard that the Rams were going to pass on Suh for Bradford, I pretty much jumped for joy. This dude is A BEAST. He completely dominated the Big 12, and he works hard. He will be a staple for the Lions defense for years.

1.30 - Jahvid Best
I also really liked this pick. As much as a Cornerback or Offensive Tackle are big needs that I would of liked to addressed early on, but the offense seemed to lack explosion and that's what Best brings. Kevin Smith is a decent back, but he doesn't break it off, and isn't much of threat. Now you team him with Best who can explode of the line, it could be a good one-two punch in a couple of years.

3.2 - Amari Spievey
Could be a real good pick, but really not the immediate guy that the Lions need. He could be decent early on, but with the secondary so lacking he isn't an answer. I wish they would of addressed this earlier, but they did the best they can at this time.

4.30 - Jason Fox
Dude is huge, but lacks the tools to start now. Once again, another guy that won't play or impact right away, but he could be a decent starter down the line

7.6 - Willie Young
Have really heard of him, but after a little bit of research I have found that he is inconsistent, and that is one thing I can not deal with. I hate players that don't bring it on every play

7.48 - Nick Toone
Mr. Irrelevant is not really expecting much from him. If he can make an impact, then cool.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Tampa Bay B+.

I'll elaborate later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%