Giants to be forced to trade Lincecum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The San Francisco Giants and right-hander Tim Lincecum have come to the crossroads. Lincecum is arbitration eligible for the first time and brings an unprecedented resume to the negotiating table. Most of baseball expects the 25-year old to request a record of more $20 million.

Many are asking, however, why the Giants don't lock up their ace with a multi-year deal and potentially save some money in the short term. It would certainly free up some payroll for other areas of the roster, such as the outfield or third base, making the team better in 2010.

But it's not just a matter of the team wanting to hand Lincecum such an offer. He has to want to sign it, and reports are that he prefers to go year-to-year.

This is going to get costly for the Giants, who could end up paying Lincecum $15-20 million this season, and will have to face arbitration with their star three more times -- Lincecum is a Super Two, granting him arbitration status for four years, rather than three.

San Francisco may be forced to trade Lincecum before they shell out $100 million or more via arbitration.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meh. I think they'll work it out.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope he gets traded to New York so they could have a super team. You know how dominant that team would be.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Greg don't post these fcking lame improbable articles ever again

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Giants aren't exactly a poor team guys...they're pretty well off. They're just choosy with their money as evident by only offering Jason Bay that 5 year deal rather than other big name free agents...

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I'd love to see him in Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%