Gabbert vs Locker vs Newton vs Ponder

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I remember watching that show on espn that showed locker, newton, and tyrod taylor's lives up to the draft and they showed a clip of Cam Newton he said these scouts are dumb they dont know shit. They say my passing routes and plays dont translate to the NFL. Give me a route and Ill do it it aint that hard. Something along those lines. Dude is cocky as hell and probably doesnt listen to criticism that well from what ive seen in just that clip. I think he is gonna be a bust imo.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I remember watching that show on espn that showed locker, newton, and tyrod taylor's lives up to the draft and they showed a clip of Cam Newton he said these scouts are dumb they dont know shit. They say my passing routes and plays dont translate to the NFL. Give me a route and Ill do it it aint that hard. Something along those lines. Dude is cocky as hell and probably doesnt listen to criticism that well from what ive seen in just that clip. I think he is gonna be a bust imo.
thats because everyone he is surrounded with all tell him hes the best. it got to his head. this past year really turned him into a "superstar" in his head.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Blaine Gabbert will be a Pro Bowl QB, I guarantee it. I saw that Jon Gruden show with him and I saw him play a couple of times. That dude is legit, hes smart, accurate, can make throws on the run, hes a vocal leader. He is the complete package, just wait and see.

You heard it from me.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Blaine Gabbert will be a Pro Bowl QB, I guarantee it. I saw that Jon Gruden show with him and I saw him play a couple of times. That dude is legit, hes smart, accurate, can make throws on the run, hes a vocal leader. He is the complete package, just wait and see.

You heard it from me.
Exactly what I've been trying to say.

Reminds me a bit of Troy Aikman.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
And Im not even like this with many rookie QB's, but theres something about Blaine that is very special. Hes a hard worker, you can tell and hes always studying film. He knows defenses and various audibles. Even little minutiae that he demonstrates always has a purpose. Im talking so much about him Im gonna get me a Blaine Gabbert jersey, black of course. Might even go see a game if he starts. Tickets are cheap, drive is about 2 hours away from daytona beach.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
And Im not even like this with many rookie QB's, but theres something about Blaine that is very special. Hes a hard worker, you can tell and hes always studying film. He knows defenses and various audibles. Even little minutiae that he demonstrates always has a purpose. Im talking so much about him Im gonna get me a Blaine Gabbert jersey, black of course. Might even go see a game if he starts. Tickets are cheap, drive is about 2 hours away from daytona beach.
I don't think there will be a Black Gabbert jersey.

werebarret

Reaction score
Not really.

What even set Gabbert on everybodys Map was when he beat the #1 Ranked Oklahoma Sooners and had a hell of a game. He's a Pro Style QB. Has good arm, good accuracy, good character, mobile, can throw on the run, can read defenses, smart. Everything you want in a franchise QB.

Unlike Ponder who has a above average arm, above average accuracy, good character, injury concerns, not as smart as a few QBs in the draft. Ponder looked good in the Senior Bowl because of Hankerson. Ponder Overthrew and underthrew him on so many routes but Hankerson went up and made the play anyways. You're simply a moron. Hes not the best QB in the draft.
just out of curiousity, where are you getting the "Gabbert can read defenses?" Not saying he can't, but the dude made a living throwing five yard outs and hitches for two years at Missouri and, outside of a two game stretch against Oklahoma and A&M, was pretty underwhelming this past year.

The guy could very well be a solid QB, but the offense at Missouri didn't require him to make many complex reads. He could very well be able to read defenses at a high level in the pros, but he hasn't shown it yet due to his offense in college.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
just out of curiousity, where are you getting the "Gabbert can read defenses?" Not saying he can't, but the dude made a living throwing five yard outs and hitches for two years at Missouri and, outside of a two game stretch against Oklahoma and A&M, was pretty underwhelming this past year.

The guy could very well be a solid QB, but the offense at Missouri didn't require him to make many complex reads. He could very well be able to read defenses at a high level in the pros, but he hasn't shown it yet due to his offense in college.
Whenever shown doing chalk talk. He's impressed and showed he knows what hes talking about when breaking down plays and coverages.

The offense at Missouri wasn't fit for Gabbert, he wasn't drafted that high because he cheesed his way to pad stats with short passes. That offense was built for Chase Daniel, whos barely 6'0. Which is why he was never under center and always back in the shotgun. Also, their offense was built on the bublescreen because thats what Daniels was good at. Was never a good deep accurate thrower, was sharp on quick short throws. Gabbert would of been better in a different system. Which is why he was thought of as a high QB. NFL Teams and GM's feel he'll be better in the NFL in a pro system, he went to Mizzou because thats always been his favorite team and shit. It's not like it was the only team that wanted him. He was a 5 star or some shit.

Don't sleep on Gabbert, really.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Also to add for whoever brings up "Well, he only had 16 TDs in a spread offense"

Whenever Mizzou would get down to the redzone, they'd just run the ball. You expect him to have 20+/30+ Long TDs? Especially with shitty receivers? People say Locker had nobody around him, but Gabbert REALLY had nobody last year. The only person he's had who can stretch the field was Danario Alexander, and that was in 2009 and Gabbert gave him 1700+ yards.

Mooche

Reaction score
How can you say people are sleeping on Blaine Gabbert?

And yeah, a lot of the Cam hate goes too far for little reason. It's a lot of rival SEC team fans that make big shit about Newton, too.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
How can you say people are sleeping on Blaine Gabbert?

And yeah, a lot of the Cam hate goes too far for little reason. It's a lot of rival SEC team fans that make big shit about Newton, too.
Me/Titan aren't SEC rival fans?
We just don't like the guy.

Also, have you been around other forums? The hate for Gabbert is wow. Like FF, everybody thinks hes a bust there. You don't like em. Alot of people are sleeping on Gabbert.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of Gabbert hate too.

I wish the Titans would of took him.

werebarret

Reaction score
Kamboslice. said:
Whenever shown doing chalk talk. He's impressed and showed he knows what hes talking about when breaking down plays and coverages.

The offense at Missouri wasn't fit for Gabbert, he wasn't drafted that high because he cheesed his way to pad stats with short passes. That offense was built for Chase Daniel, whos barely 6'0. Which is why he was never under center and always back in the shotgun. Also, their offense was built on the bublescreen because thats what Daniels was good at. Was never a good deep accurate thrower, was sharp on quick short throws. Gabbert would of been better in a different system. Which is why he was thought of as a high QB. NFL Teams and GM's feel he'll be better in the NFL in a pro system, he went to Mizzou because thats always been his favorite team and shit. It's not like it was the only team that wanted him. He was a 5 star or some shit.

Don't sleep on Gabbert, really.

lol gabbert

was this a troll

TTN2810

Reaction score
Well, this is old as shit dude.

But I'm glad you dug this up lol. Boy was I wrong about Gabbert being good, and Newton sucking. But, I did have Kaepernick as my #1, the main guy I would have taken from all of them, and I'm happy about that haha.

To be fair, I still wouldn't want Newton as my starting QB, FWIW.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Gotta say though it's fun reading this. I have improved as a scout leaps and bounds since this. Much better at not letting the media have an influence on what I think.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
Well, this is old as shit dude.

But I'm glad you dug this up lol. Boy was I wrong about Gabbert being good, and Newton sucking. But, I did have Kaepernick as my #1, the main guy I would have taken from all of them, and I'm happy about that haha.

To be fair, I still wouldn't want Newton as my starting QB, FWIW.

Well I'll never listen to your opinion again...:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%