Gabbert vs Locker vs Newton vs Ponder

Mooche

Reaction score
Locker is going to take a boatload of time to develop TTN. I'm telling you that right now.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Locker is going to take a boatload of time to develop TTN. I'm telling you that right now.
I know. But he'll be fine.
This year his athleticism will carry him as he develops, but like I said, his accuracy really isn't an issue.

Mooche

Reaction score
You are downplaying it way too much. I know for a fact Bill Polian did look at this class pretty hard, for a potential replacement. The talk around our room was if you could fix accuracy, and it was assumed it was about Locker, the room replied with a resounding no.

I don't know what to think of Locker long term, but he is definitely not my favourite guy from this class.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Like I said, I'm not worried about his accuracy. I know first hand how much footwork affects accuracy, and he was always throwing off a back foot, or his feet weren't set properly. When it was all good, he was accurate. I think they got a lot out of Vince Young, more than they should have. And if they can do that with Vince, they can do a lot better with Locker.

Mooche

Reaction score
And so do I man. If he doesn't have the accuracy generally to get the ball to the target, it's going to be a problem.

I also don't like the completion percentage. You can make the excuses about deep balls and all that jazz, but he has missed a lot of intermediate stuff as well. I mean, let's get real here.. A number eight overall selection with a 55% completion percentage is a little worrisome..

TTN2810

Reaction score
Time will tell. I'm willing to take the risk.
I mean I wanted Gabbert, but Locker probably has more potential. So we'll see how it plays out.

One thing that is for sure though is CJ will help him our a lot.

Mooche

Reaction score
I mean I wanted Gabbert, but Locker probably has more potential. So we'll see how it plays out.

When you got CJ and a pretty darn nice offensive line in front of him, it'll help any young QB succeed. If they can keep maturing and improving.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
You are downplaying it way too much. I know for a fact Bill Polian did look at this class pretty hard, for a potential replacement. The talk around our room was if you could fix accuracy, and it was assumed it was about Locker, the room replied with a resounding no.

I don't know what to think of Locker long term, but he is definitely not my favourite guy from this class.
You got that off of Rotoworld.

Colts wouldn't take a QB in the first round, IDC how much they loved a QB.

Lockers accuracy can be fixed, all you need to do is fix his footwork, which is a problem. He's only been in a pro system for 2 years. Never played in one before that. Give him time.

I can't believe I just said ^ about a Titan. YUCK.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score

CJ can't pass block.

CJ isn't the best receiver either.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I meant by clearing up passing lanes. Defenses will key on him. And he is a very under rated pass blocker man. And he's had a 500 yard receiving season..so IDK why you think he's a bad receiver.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I meant by clearing up passing lanes. Defenses will key on him. And he is a very under rated pass blocker man. And he's had a 500 yard receiving season..so IDK why you think he's a bad receiver.
The Yards mean nothing.

As you can see from 2009 to 2010. When you take away the big plays that he had due to his speed, he doesn't have alot of receiving yards. I've also heard tons and tons of titan fans get pissed at CJ for his laziness on blocking and they say that hes a "meh" Receiving RB". Nowhere as effective in either as a Ray Rice, or MJD.

Mooche

Reaction score
You got that off of Rotoworld.

Colts wouldn't take a QB in the first round, IDC how much they loved a QB.

Lockers accuracy can be fixed, all you need to do is fix his footwork, which is a problem. He's only been in a pro system for 2 years. Never played in one before that. Give him time.

I can't believe I just said ^ about a Titan. YUCK.
It wasn't only on Rotworld, the Colts looked hard at a possible replacement. We would have passed on a guy like Locker if we knew Castonzo would be on the board anyways, the point is, he's going to take a lot of work.

And yes, CJ will help him if he can maintain some nice down and distances for Locker.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
No. 10 overall pick Blaine Gabbert confirmed that he received a playbook after the Jaguars drafted him.
"It's great to have it, and I've already gotten into it a lot," he said. The tentative expectation in Jacksonville is that David Garrard will start the opener, but Gabbert will probably see ample action before the season ends. It's all going to depend on how quickly Gabbert grasps the offense and learns to play fast. Getting a head start on the playbook can only help.
Fucking love this guy.

Jesus, Jags got lucky.

Reaction score
Kam why do you hate Cam Newton so much? He always pushed his teams at Auburn, and lead them to tough victories all the time. He doesn't seem like a Jamarcus Russell, or Akili Smith at all. Plus he had great production in his year at Auburn. I just wanna hear why you think he's gonna fail so bad. Is it because he doesn't have a great football IQ?

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Kam why do you hate Cam Newton so much? He always pushed his teams at Auburn, and lead them to tough victories all the time. He doesn't seem like a Jamarcus Russell, or Akili Smith at all. Plus he had great production in his year at Auburn. I just wanna hear why you think he's gonna fail so bad. Is it because he doesn't have a great football IQ?
Let me break down Cam Newton.

Its cool to be confident and shit. But because you won at Auburn doesn't mean shit. Don't get cocky over that and feel you're some legend QB.

Hes stupid, he never called a play at Auburn, whenever Jon Gruden asked him for some "Verbage" on NFL plays.. He looks puzzled then gave the whole "Our scheme is Simplistic = Fast"

Child please, he isn't fooling anybody.

He had the attitude before the combine saying "I'm going to throw at the combine and compete and show I'm worth it"

He threw and overthrew almost every WR, and didn't look good at all.

Hes a bum and a player who lives for the Cameras and Success. I wouldn't want him on the Jaguars even if he fell. He is Akili Smith like.

Mooche

Reaction score
The Cam Newton hate is definitely understandable, but it's definitely also taken too far sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%