Former Memphis Forward DJ Stephens Has a 46" Vertical

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score

D.J. Stephens might not be at the top of most teams' NBA Draft wish lists, but he opened some eyes when he recorded a 46-inch vertical while working out for the Brooklyn Nets on Wednesday. That's the highest mark ever measured by the NBA, according to ESPN's Chad Ford.

The Memphis swingman bested Kenny Gregory's 45.5-inch leap from 2001 and did so less than a week after Miami's Shane Larkin recorded a 44-inch vertical.

As Stephens, who is just 6'5, fights to make his case to NBA teams, his new record might help counteract his lack of size.

Stephens' production grew steadily throughout four years with the Tigers, though he did not average more than 11.2 minutes per game until his senior season. In a more prominent role this year, he averaged 7.6 points, 6.6 rebounds and 2.6 blocks per contest, though he was probably known better for his jaw-dropping dunks.

​
 ​
Damn.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
big deal. i have a 47 inch vertical.

actually, its 48.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
yeah, ok... good one bro
its the internet. everything is true on the internet.

really though, where is he projeted to be drafted?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Papa Pugz said:
its the internet. everything is true on the internet.

really though, where is he projeted to be drafted?
late 2nd-udfa as of yesterday. I expect him to go higher, but not a 1st rounder

He played PF/C at Memphis, but is 6'5". He's great defensively, but might be considered the worst offensively in the entire draft. As a starter last year, he averaged like 7.3ppg per 40 minutes

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if he played 4/5 and is a 21 year old 6'5, he pretty much has no position lol, hes gonna get drafted because of this but he wont stick in the league.

there goes my hoops of an epic dunk contest contestant lol

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Papa Pugz said:
if he played 4/5 and is a 21 year old 6'5, he pretty much has no position lol, hes gonna get drafted because of this but he wont stick in the league.

there goes my hoops of an epic dunk contest contestant lol
he has great potential tho. only really played his senior year

give him a good defensive coach like thibs, and maybe he can become Tony Allen 2.0

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
itll take him 3-4 years most likely and by then hes going to be in his mid 20s and still raw. i just dont see an nba player, sadly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%