Five teams could be after Vladimir Guerrero

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim designated hitter and former league MVP Vladimir Guerrero is only 33 but he isn't an everyday position player anymore and the former speedster can't be expected to steal bases that much anymore. Plus, he strikes out a lot.

Still, at least five teams are expected to be after him this off-season when he becomes a free agent, according to MLB Trade Rumors. The Angels, Mariners, White Sox, Tigers and Blue Jays are all expected to try and snag Guerrero.

And for those who can't get Vlad, they'll be trying to get fellow free agents Jim Thome, Hideki Matsui, and Gary Sheffield. Obviously, the Angels will take their best shot to retain Guerrero as soon as the season ends but there seems to be some belief that he wants to test the marketplace and will reject any initial offers. You can be sure it'll be for far less than the $70 million over five years he reportedly signed for back in 2004.

Source: MLB Trade Rumors
Vlad is on the decline. Kind of sad to see considering he was so sick with the Expos back in the day. The guy could steal 30 bases easy and thats pretty astounding for a 40+ HR hitter.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TIGERS, he is getting old, but I love him!

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
plus he had a bullet of an arm, good to see the Jays are interested, I'm not huge on them signing him but at least that shows they have interest in going after FA's this off-season

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I immediately thought the Jays would be one of those teams after him since we lack a good corner outfielder with a good arm. We also need help with our offense so hopefully J.P does go after Vlad, and Bay if possible.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim designated hitter and former league MVP Vladimir Guerrero is only 33 but he isn't an everyday position player anymore and the former speedster can't be expected to steal bases that much anymore.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
why wouldn't you be interested? If you could get him at 5 mill, maybe plus incentives, to DH he'd be HUGE for the lineup and probably bring some fans in.

I really think the Jays should try to bring him, or maybe a Delgado reunion, in to play DH.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
why wouldn't you be interested? If you could get him at 5 mill, maybe plus incentives, to DH he'd be HUGE for the lineup and probably bring some fans in.

I really think the Jays should try to bring him, or maybe a Delgado reunion, in to play DH.
Oh yes please take Delgado. He deserves to finish his career with the Blue Jays, we need to start re-building and Delgado is not a part of that.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he can still play the corners in the outfield, that would be good, but we do lack a good Dh.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
it would be awesome if Toronto could get Vlady or Delgado to play DH and then to go after Holliday or Bay

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Vlad is probably my favorite player in baseball. I would hate to see him sign with the White Sox.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^...if the Cards played in the AL lol

Honestly, I really hope Ricciardi is searching randomly one day and stumbles across this. No more stupid spending with huge contracts on guys like Wells. Start taking pages from other GMs "low-risk, high reward"

Honestly, you basically dumped Rios' salary. What's 5-7 million to Vlad or Delgado when you think of how well they'll hit as a DH

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
^...if the Cards played in the AL lol

Honestly, I really hope Ricciardi is searching randomly one day and stumbles across this. No more stupid spending with huge contracts on guys like Wells. Start taking pages from other GMs "low-risk, high reward"

Honestly, you basically dumped Rios' salary. What's 5-7 million to Vlad or Delgado when you think of how well they'll hit as a DH
hence the ohw8 :p
the NL plays real baseball.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Come on, I'd like Sawx to get him if we can get him for cheap, I'll take him over JD Drew no matter how old he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%