Final NBA Mock -- bosoxlover12

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Off gut I think you have Payne too low. He could go as high as 11 ish. And then with the Rockets I think there's an underground word that they've promised Tyus Jones, who is an analytics beast and fits right into Morey's vision

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the lottery looks pretty realistic. a few players can swap draft spots but it looks good

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Off gut I think you have Payne too low. He could go as high as 11 ish. And then with the Rockets I think there's an underground word that they've promised Tyus Jones, who is an analytics beast and fits right into Morey's vision
I've seen tons of Tyus to Houston, so that makes sense, but if Payne is there Morey would be stupid to not take him

Now that I think about it though, I bet Phoenix would take Payne since they are thinking of moving Bledsoe potentially. Plus they love the 3 PG rotation.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Phoenix, Indiana, OKC are all in play for him. Also always a possible a team trades up 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Oh I know I'm just saying that I would be pretty surprised if he fell that low

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I just didn't see him as fits from 15-17, but I do think he'll probably go lottery

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't think the Sixers take Porzingis?

EDIT: Forgot you're super low on him lol.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I don't get why they would take Porzingis, period.

People are basing it off of two things:
1. They drafted a Euro last year
2. Embiid's health

Porzingis is an offensive four, with limited defensive upside, and hardly any rebounding promise. And he seems like he'd not be ready to go right away.

That Euro they drafted last year -- Dario Saric -- he's also a four. IDC if the media called him a SF because of his ball handling skills; he cannot guard anybody outside a stretch 4, like Porzingis as well. Different offensive skill sets, and Kristaps is much more of a shot blocker, but in terms of on-man defense they are quite similar. So its redundant imo

So then its all about Embiid. There is no chance you spend the #3 overall pick on a big if they think Embiid is fine. And then at point, if Embiid is hurt enough that you effectively give up on him, Okafor is the obvious choice. Philly has the rim protector, so in a sense Okafor is the better defensive selection for the Sixers over Porzingis, and Okafor is a phenomenal scorer/rebounder.

For Philly, the choice should be between Russell, Okafor, and Mudiay. Russell is gone, and I don't think they should abandon Embiid already. So Mudiay is the pick. They need a PG upgrade badly

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
For what it's worth I wouldn't call Okafor a phenomenal rebounder, at least on the defensive end. Great offensive rebounder though

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sam Hinkie also has a boner for him. He's known to take BPA, and if he thinks Kristaps is the BPA, I think he will take him no problem. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
For what it's worth I wouldn't call Okafor a phenomenal rebounder, at least on the defensive end. Great offensive rebounder though
It was in regards for being a rookie, where there aren't many 20 year olds that are better on the glass than him. And the "phenomenal" was more towards his post proficiency

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
But yeah I don't see any reason why they wouldn't take Kristaps. I don't think they give a flying fuck who's on their roster now. It'd be such a Hinkie move to take Kristaps too, stash him away potentially (not sure if he'd come right away or not), and just keep tanking more haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%