Ex-NFL star Lawrence Taylor charged with NY rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT56

Reaction score
[font="Verdana] [size=2]

[quote][/size][color="#333333"]Hall of Fame linebacker Lawrence Taylor was arrested early Thursday after being accused of rape at a hotel in Montebello, N.Y., police said.[/color]

Authorities in Ramapo, N.Y., have not released details in their investigation of Taylor, saying only that the incident allegedly occurred in the Holidome Hotel.

According to a press release, additional information will be provided at a news conference Thursday afternoon.

Taylor, who starred for the New York Giants for 13 seasons, was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1999. He has battled drug addiction and last November was charged in Florida with leaving the scene of an accident.

[/quote]

[/font]
[font="Verdana][size=2]
[/size][/font][size=2]
[/size][font="Verdana][url="http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5167613"]ESPN[/url]
[/font]

<Censored>.

Well I always ta
ke these kind of stories with a a grain of salt, and that there are always two sides to a story.

Barcode

Reaction score
There is an under aged girl involved (15), so he is facing a world of legal damage here as he can't wiggle out of any consentual sex claim.

DMJ

Reaction score
wow, that's just really awful. He couldn't be stupid enough to think he would get away with this...unless he was cracked out on some drugs?

LT56

Reaction score
wow, that's just really awful. He couldn't be stupid enough to think he would get away with this...unless he was cracked out on some drugs?
Wouldn't be a surprise considering he's had drug problems since he retired.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Drugs aren't an excuse for this behavior. No matter how this turns out, LT's life is going to be pretty much ruined. A rape acquisition with a minor is going to hurt him even in the best case scenario.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thats true what JH5 said. Damn this is really bad for him. Things like this, even though they could be accusations always ruin whatever you have left if not blemishing it. I just want to know the truth before I start making up my mind on it

Mooche

Reaction score
Is everybody gonna hate on LT, like Ben? Hm. This shall be interesting.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He'll get more hate...not for the reason you're thinking...actually maybe because of that reason...

But if you want to look past THAT reason, then it'll be become this girl is 16 and not some college chick

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he really did it, he is complete scum. What a perverted freak lol.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pretty sure it was statutory rape, not actual forced rape. The girl was 16, under the age where she is allowed to give consent legally in New York. So it's different then the Ben case.

Still bad either way for LT...

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lawrence Taylor's defense isn't that he didn't have sex with this girl, its that he didn't know her or know how old she was. He was arrested in this sleeze-bag by the hour motel, hours after the alleged rape happened...so the whole "I didn't do it" excuse wouldn't fly.

LT is gonna do hard time for this one.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Damn LT, I thought he had these problems in his past and werent going to affect him going forward. But he has just fallen back to these same stupid situations.

Remember kids, drugs are BAD....

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Referring to rapes by NFL players, I didn't know that Jim Brown had been accused twice of it.

Nevertheless, another reason for me to dislike Lawrence.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
http://www.sportzin.com/blog/?p=628

BBruin91

Reaction score
Wow, what would make these High profile people feel the need to act out? Does their life really suck that bad?

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow, what would make these High profile people feel the need to act out? Does their life really suck that bad?
It might because their life is so good. Most of these people are not use to being told no, so it's not something they are use to dealing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%