Dunn Has Thought About Quitting

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Slugging White Sox slugger Adam Dunn admits he has thought about quitting the game of baseball.

"If I'm not having fun anymore, I'll go home," Dunn told Yahoo! Sports. "Flat out. I'll go home. I mean that. Swear to goodness. I'll. Go. Home. I enjoy playing. Even though I suck. Or have been sucking. I enjoy playing the game. Love it. But as soon as I lose that, I'm gone, dude. It's true.

"How many games can you play doing this? This is ridiculous. You get to a point, and you're like ..."

Dunn is batting .158 as August approaches.

He is in the first year of a four-year, $56 million contract with the White Sox. If the season ended today he'd own the worst average in the live-ball era by more than 20 points.

Even if he talks about quitting, he cannot imagine taking the leap.

"It's not going to happen," he says. "Zero chance. Zero. You can't get this competition anywhere else, dude. I don't care where you look. Nowhere else. It's one-on-one, dude. And you can't find that anywhere. ...

"There's two ways to do it. You can sit and pout and 'why me,' or you can say we've got 60 or 70 or 80 games left to start your year. For two months, be the best player in the league. And if I can do that, we're going to win a lot of games. I'm blessed with that kind of attitude, and thank God, because I don't know what I'd be doing. I know some people the big man upstairs wouldn�t do this to because there would be some bad things happening."

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So glad he didnt sign with the Tigers lol.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Emmmbarassingggg..

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Welp, now he'll have quitter next to his name for the rest of his career/life. You don't give up on a team when you are a lot of the problem, you keep working and try to better yourself, you don't quit. This would be by far more embarrassing than how poorly he has performed this year.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It said he's thought about quitting, not that he has quit..

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Switched leagues. Things haven't gone the way he, or anyone thought they would, and thought about quitting? It's called on off year buddy, it happens. Just tough it out. He did say something right in that about when it stops being fun, he's done. That's how it should be. Lose the fun, leave. He'll be around for a few more years.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dunn's not a contact hitter anyways. He's in horrible form this season and idk if he thinks he has the fix for it so naturally he'll think about quitting.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Dunn Disputes Story, Says He's No Quitter

White Sox slugger Adam Dunn has refuted a Yahoo! Sports story claiming he would consider retiring if he continues to struggle and is no longer having fun.

"Yeah, no chance," Dunn said Friday when asked if he'd ever walk away from the game in that manner.

"That's unbelievable," he continued. "That's why you don't talk to those kind of people.

"Yeah, I guess I could chop up and write whatever I want and make it sound however I want. How I meant it was, if I have to continue and sit there and not have fun doing what I've done my whole life, I'll go home. But that's what I'm saying � I'm having too much fun.

"I enjoy playing the game, so I'm not doing it. It's stupid. I don't know what this [reporter] is trying to accomplish."

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I wonder if they are going to send him to the minors, he is doing extremely badly. Maybe thats what he needs, idk but its been more than half a season of slumping.

spangar

Reaction score
hes batting even worse than that against lefties..I'm pretty sure its under .100 Dunn is Done..nuff said

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%