Do The Yankees Lack a "Killer Instinct"?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
That’s Bob Klapisch’s view in his column this morning anyway. A-Rod and the Yankees couldn’t get a key hit against Joaquin Benoit or Max Scherzer last Thursday because, well, they just couldn’t will it to be so:

The past-era Yankees had a ferocious trait that couldn’t be quantified. It was an intangible expectation of victory – even if that very term now is politically incorrect among baseball’s intelligentsia. Girardi, who was part of the championship run from 1996-2000, is so brainwashed he suggested those four rings were influenced, in part, by luck. Try running that by Tino Martinez, Paul O’Neill and David Cone.

But that’s how the present-day Yankee family is making peace with their collapse against the Tigers – it was the wrong time, the wrong set of circumstances, just the wrong karma.
He blames the 2011 Yankees’ failure to make it out of the first round on “a killer instinct that never was honed.”
NBC Sports

I think it's ridiculous. They still won 97 games this year. They had a weak piching staff and that's that. They failed to capitalize in big moments.

Seems like they're just trying to generate another story to catch the headlines. It's all BS.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How do you define someone's killer instinct in Baseball?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Pegging batters? Charging the mound? Throwing broken bats at hitters jogging to 1st base? Pretty much the only ideas I can gather. In the end I think its just another excuse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%