Detroit Lions minicamp brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
A number of Lions players' wallets are going to be significantly lighter once coach Jim Schwartz gets a look at the tape of Friday morning's final minicamp practice in Allen Park.

Schwartz had to cut the final practice of three-day mincamp short after a second fight turned into an all-out brawl between the offense and defense toward the end of practice. Schwartz immediately stopped practice and reamed his team at midfield for about five minutes. He was still steaming as he talked to the media right after.

"That is not acceptable what happened. We weren't able to finish a period. It's going to get hot and you're going to get to the end of practice and you are going to have things that come up, but when you can't finish practice and when you have guys entering fights that aren't involved in it, it's unacceptable and they are going to get taxed pretty heavy."

The Lions were docked two organized team activity practices on Monday and Tuesday for breaking NFL rules for the intensity and pace of offseason, non-padded practiced. Minicamp is normally a little more physical than OTA practices and the NFL is a little more lenient in penalizing teams during minicamp, but Friday's incidents could get a look from the NFL.

"That was too intense," Schwartz said. " We had that situation come up before on OTAs and we sort of laughed that we can't fine the players, but guess what, there are going to be a lot of fines from today."

Schwartz had planned to end practice on a high note with a little field-goal competition between the offense and the defense. He still went forward with the contest, and the defense won when rookie defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh kicked a 35-yard field goal that center Dominic Raiola and receiver Mike Moore couldn't match. But Schwartz said the brawl kind of marred what was supposed to be a fun end to minicamp.

"I had planned it to sort of end on a high note but it's hard to end on a high note after guys were rolling around on the ground," Schwartz said.

"I was tired of it. It's been addressed. It's going to be addressed more and if it happens again, it's going to be addressed in a different way."
Link

VC15

Reaction score
I would want to fight too if I played for the Lions.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I seriously came into this thread waiting to see what DH was gonna say. I was not disappointed lmao.

Lions are gonna be decent this year though...I think...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
we will be better, but i still only think 4-6 wins max. anyways, isnt this the second time we've had a "brawl" this offseason? the first time its fine, we're getting a little testy during practice. but the second time means its time for a punishment.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't mind this. At least there is some fire.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Hopefully they learn to say screw it and wait until the season to take out their aggression...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%