Da'Quan Bowers may need microfracture surgery

Mooche

Reaction score
In a Wednesday conference call, Pro Football Weekly draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki told reporters that people in the NFL are concerned Clemson DE Da'Quan Bowers may need microfracture knee surgery.
Nawrocki says all of the medical red flags could push Bowers into the back half of round one. We'd heard the microfracture rumors before, but there wasn't anything substantial enough to run with them. Nawrocki insists there are. Bowers will be in Indianapolis Friday for a medical recheck. At that point, doctors will determine whether he needs a surgical procedure that would almost certainly cost him the entire 2011 season.
Apr 6, 1:58 PM
His draft stock continues to just decline, and decline.. It's going to be interesting to see what team takes a chance on him. People are saying, like this analyst that he could be pushed late into round one, but I personally just don't see that happening.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I can see him falling to the Bucs. No further.

Mooche

Reaction score
I can see him falling to the Bucs. No further.
A lot of teams could use a pass rusher still. I think if he slides into the teens, watch for teams to jockey for position to land him. I've never been a supporter of him, and before all of this injury talk I called him a bust, but I know some team (if he is healthy enough) will take a gamble.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not so sure the Bucs would take him, if he fell that far. They need immediate help at defensive end, and if Bowers did indeed require microfracture surgery, he wouldn't be able to play immediately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%