College Football Off-Season Thread

Mooche

Reaction score
Well, I think this is well deserved to post news,rumors,etc. in but I realize it is a little late. I just think it would be good to revive some college football talk in this forum. With that said, let's get some news and discussion started.

Mooche

Reaction score
ESPN Pac-10 blogger Ted Miller, citing a report on KNOE-TV.com in Louisiana, states that Jeremiah Masoli has checked out both Louisiana Tech and Mississippi State as the sticky-fingered quarterback looks to possibly rebuild his college career.
Masoli appears to checking out all of his options, and one reportedly is the NFL Supplemental Draft. Though at this point it sounds like someone has convinced the former Duck that a transfer with the chance to play again in 2011 makes the most sense.
Source: ESPN.com

----

Wow, it is just a full whirlwind for Masoli. Seriously, Oregon had so much promise going into this season and one dumb mistake by Masoli cost his chance to be apart of it. It is like former LSU QB, Ryan Perrilloux who had this happen and ruined his career.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He had a GREAT shot at the heisman. Moron.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Masoli was primed to put up the best season at QB Oregon has seen since Harrington. Masoli off the team team only means more carries for LaMichael...who should have a beaszt-of-a season.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Masoli was primed to put up the best season at QB Oregon has seen since Harrington. Masoli off the team team only means more carries for LaMichael...who should have a beaszt-of-a season.
Seastrunk will take his job by seasons end. Mark my words.

Mooche

Reaction score
I don't know if Seastrunk will take it by the seasons end... but I like to think that that he will be better overall when it is all said and done. He has crazy speed, very nice vision and his cutting, oh my goodness.

Mooche

Reaction score
This will be an unranked season for USC in USA Today's football coaches' poll.

Grant Teaff, executive director of the American Football Coaches Association, told USA Today that because the school is under major NCAA sanctions and prohibited from playing in a bowl, it will be ineligible for the poll.

USC filed an appeal with the NCAA last month, asking that several sanctions of its football program be reduced because they are "too severe" and "inconsistent with precedent."

USC appealed only certain aspects of the NCAA's ruling. Among the penalties were a two-year bowl ban, four years of probation, scholarship losses and removal of several victories. The school will accept a bowl ban for the upcoming season and certain scholarship penalties in football, but believes the full sanctions were unduly harsh.

According to USA Today, it was expected that USC would be eligible for the coaches' poll in 2010 because it planned to appeal, but because the school accepted the postseason ban for this season, it became ineligible for the poll.

Teaff released a statement in which he said the AFCA informed USC athletic director Mike Garrett, USC coach Lane Kiffin, Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott and BCS executive director Bill Hancock that the Trojans would be ineligible for the 2010 coaches' poll.

The coaches' poll is one of the rankings used in the formula to determine the BCS standings.

"American Football Coaches Association policy dictates that AFCA members who serve on the board of voters to determine national ranking shall not vote on any institution on major probation," Teaff said in the statement.

"Penalties imposed by the NCAA, or a representative conference, are classified as 'major' if the penalties include loss of postseason bowl participation and/or television appearances, and/or loss of 20 percent or more of grants in aid."

The NCAA's sanctions will not prevent USC from being considered for The Associated Press' poll, which is not part of the BCS formula.

In an e-mail to the Los Angeles Times last month, in which she said USC would keep its 2004 AP national title, AP sports editor Terry Taylor said: "The poll is intended to measure on-field performance. If teams are allowed to play, they're allowed to be ranked and USC certainly played in 2004."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

The times just keep getting tougher and tougher for SC. I know many people are just simply smiling on the inside...lol.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know if Seastrunk will take it by the seasons end... but I like to think that that he will be better overall when it is all said and done. He has crazy speed, very nice vision and his cutting, oh my goodness.
Yeah, I'm afraid to have to play him for the next few years. I hate the Ducks. <_<

Mooche

Reaction score
Yeah man, I was shocked that he ended up going to Oregon. None the less, he is gonna be a stud RB.

Mooche

Reaction score
Purdue quarterback Robert Marve will be the starter heading into spring camp, according to head coach Danny Hope.
The former Hurricane had been battling for the starting job with Caleb TerBush, but ultimately Marve's experience has won out. We currently have him as the 51st-ranked QB, but with solid receivers like Keith Smith, he could outproduce that ranking.
After the absolute lack of class that his family handled the situation with Miami, I wish this guy nothing but failure in Purdue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%