Coach Cal Intrigued With Chicago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
John Calipari is intrigued with the Chicago Bulls’ coaching job and would be willing to listen to a pitch from management, NBA and NCAA sources told Yahoo! Sports on Tuesday.

Sources say the combination of roster talent, tradition and market make Chicago one of the few NBA jobs that could pry Calipari out of Kentucky. The Bulls have been hesitant to pay the $4 million-$5 million annual packages it would take to lure high-profile coaches like Calipari.

Calipari coached Derrick Rose at Memphis. He is also close with Cleveland’s LeBron James, and shares representation with two of the Bulls’ top free-agent targets – Miami’s Dwyane Wade and Toronto’s Chris Bosh.

Sources say Calipari “hasn’t connected” with Kentucky’s athletic administration in his first year on the job, and that could contribute to his willingness to rekindle a long-standing goal of realizing NBA success.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kentucky coach John Calipari is telling Andy Katz that he has no interest in the Chicago Bulls head coaching job that became open Tuesday when Vinny Del Negro was fired.

After all, he's been recruiting kids to Kentucky and making sure to foster an environment of winning and "academic growth."

And it's nice to know Calipari takes the time every so often to engage his fans on with his audio posts on Lexy. Jim Boeheim, Bob Huggins and Fran Dunphy are signed on to record these as well, but no one does it quite like Coach Cal.

Calipari's mentioned everything on here from restaurant recommendations to hospital visits to his faults. Today, during a busy time for him, he took the time to preach about being both hungry an humble -- something he tells his players.

"Can you stay hungry? Can you stay challenged? The difference between arrogance and a swagger -- a swagger is earned and deserved, and it’s also brought about by someone that’s humble enough to know, ‘Man, I’ll tell you, I’ve been fortunate.’ Yet hungry enough to say, ‘Yes, I am fortunate, but I’m going to take advantage of my fortune and I’m going to be hungry and driven to be my best. When I lay my head on the pillow, did I do my best today? Did I do everything I could to improve myself and in all areas?"
Sounds interesting, but it looks like he's not interested after all.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
haha. crazy ass reporters, always one thing then later in the day its the complete opposite.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He'd be a horrible NBA coach, only thing he is good at is recruiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%