Christian Ponder to sneak into the 1st round?

Mooche

Reaction score
NFL Network's Mike Mayock believes that Florida State QB Christian Ponder could "sneak into the first round" after an impressive offseason.
Ponder was the MVP of the Senior Bowl, then was widely considered the best passer in Scouting Combine drills. We have Ponder mocked to the Jaguars at No. 16 overall, so we don't find it surprising that he might ultimately be a mid to late first-round pick. Worth noting: Wes Bunting of the National Football Post has Ponder ranked as the No. 1 overall quarterback in the draft.
Source: NFL.com
Mar 11, 9:30 PM
Everyone will hop on board with this movement after Mayock said this.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
First injury to the elbow and he is fucked. Wasnt it his elbow?

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Everyone will hop on board with this movement after Mayock said this.
I said last week in the Combine thread he'll be a first rounder, and more than likely #16 to the Jags. Mayock isn't the first to think this.

Mooche

Reaction score
I said last week in the Combine thread he'll be a first rounder, and more than likely #16 to the Jags. Mayock isn't the first to think this.
I know you said this. Other people were saying this too, and if I recall, it was the Jags beat writer who's name escapes me right now on Twitter said it was a chance.

I said that a lot of people will now buy into this (who didn't) due to the fact Mayock said it.

TTN2810

Reaction score
After the combine everyone was thinking it. I loved him his junior year. I wanted the Tits to take him actually.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I know you said this. Other people were saying this too, and if I recall, it was the Jags beat writer who's name escapes me right now on Twitter said it was a chance.

I said that a lot of people will now buy into this (who didn't) due to the fact Mayock said it.
Alfie Crow, but he isn't the Jags beat writer.. He has his sources though.. Broke the news about Aaron Kampman last year.

Mooche

Reaction score
Alfie Crow, but he isn't the Jags beat writer.. He has his sources though.. Broke the news about Aaron Kampman last year.
Alright. I stand corrected. You get the point, the guy has sources, and that's where you got the talk from about Ponder. I saw it too. It's not a huge shock, as we know Gene Smith does what the fuck he wants anyways.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Alright. I stand corrected. You get the point, the guy has sources, and that's where you got the talk from about Ponder. I saw it too. It's not a huge shock, as we know Gene Smith does what the fuck he wants anyways.
Ponder is just a Gene Smith guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%