Chargers threaten Jackson, McNeill in letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
The Chargers have sent letters to Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeill informing them of the team's intent to place them on the Roster Exempt List if they don't sign their restricted free agent tenders by August 20.
Jackson and McNeill aren't going to sign the tenders, so their placement on "Roster Exempt" is inevitable. The distinction will confirm that V-Jax and McNeill will miss the proceeding three games (including exhibitions). Bolts beat writer Kevin Acee expects both players to sit out the entire season. Aug. 13 - 6:08 pm et
Source: San Diego Union-Tribune
Man. If this is a legit thought from your own beat writer, that two of your best players are going to sit out the entire season. Look out.. This team could drop big time this season.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
What the <Censored> is happening to pro football?

Mooche

Reaction score
What the <Censored> is happening to pro football?
I really have no clue. The players really have the management hostage in these situations. I mean, for San Diego, this is really their season whether it is going to be a legit chance of contending or not.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Um, they have every right to hold out for more. If owners can cut you loose after one bad season or one injury, you have the right to hold out for a new contract when you out play it.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Idk, both cheato and rockstar are right, but there sorta has to be a balance. Players have to stop trying to get as much as they possibly can by holding out and hurting the team, and Teams can't keep holding legitimate contracts from players because of the risk of injury.

Mooche

Reaction score
Um, they have every right to hold out for more. If owners can cut you loose after one bad season or one injury, you have the right to hold out for a new contract when you out play it.
You are right, too.

Like said, there has to be some sort of balanced system. I'm telling you right now, a rookie contract system, getting these guys early on the same level playing field and EARNING that money. It could help a lot. Many of you will ask, how so? Well, if they have to work and earn the money from day one -- not like a guy named Bradford (I like the kid, no offense) who hasn't taken a legitimate regular season snap in the NFL, you will see guys earning more so what they deserve. Also, the contract battling of guys like Manning who is the best QB in the league compared to these rookies wouldn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%