Cash sought for Cam Newton

Mooche

Reaction score
During the height of star quarterback Cam Newton's recruitment out of junior college last year, a man who said he represented Newton allegedly was soliciting a six-figure payment to secure his signature on a national letter of intent, ESPN.com has learned.

Former Mississippi State quarterback John Bond told ESPN.com a teammate of Bond's at Mississippi State in the early 1980s contacted him soon after Newton's official visit to Mississippi State during the Ole Miss game in December, and said he was representing Newton.
This just goes to show the day and age of athletes we live in. Everyone made a huge deal about Reggie Bush -- it is still happening, maybe just not on the same scale for everybody.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shame shame, if they probe this and find out he did take money, I think you have to take him off the heismen race.

Mooche

Reaction score
Happy Heisman LaMichael!
I'd love to see LaMichael get some Heisman praise.. He is one of those underdog guys in the race you always will find yourself pulling for.

Regardless, Cam Newton was my Heisman hopeful for this season, easily.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I'm waiting for evidence. So many times people just say stuff like this because the person is now having success. Rarely anybody knew about Cam Newton before this year, and now he's getting the National attention and Bam, a story like this comes out. It might be true, and if it is, it is, but until then, i'm sticking to believe in Cam. Also, if this ends up to be true, looks like LaMichael James becomes the favorite.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, but they do need to investigate this to see if any of it is true.

Mooche

Reaction score
Yeah, but they do need to investigate this to see if any of it is true.

Oh no doubt about it. I would love to see LaMichael get it, if this is true though.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hmm I guess I wouldn't be too surprised if he did take the money. Seems like thats all its about now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%