Broxton undergoes successful elbow surgery

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES -- Dodgers closer Jonathan Broxton underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right elbow Monday morning to remove a bone spur and associated loose bodies.

Dr. Neal ElAttrache performed the procedure, which the Dodgers announced went as planned, and Broxton is expected to begin a throwing program in six to eight weeks.

Whether Broxton ever pitches for the Dodgers again, however, is less likely. He will be a free agent this winter, having finished up a two-year, $11 million contract.

In his absence, rookie Javy Guerra has emerged as the new closer for the club, converting 18 of 19 save opportunities after his promotion from Double-A Chattanooga. And fellow rookie Kenley Jansen, expected to be the eighth-inning setup man next year, has been even more dominating than Guerra.

Broxton was sidelined May 4 with what was diagnosed as a bruised elbow, and he made repeated attempts to return, but was unable to throw without discomfort.

If his Dodgers days are over, the 27-year-old leaves with two All-Star appearances and 84 saves, seventh on the franchise's all-time list. Broxton was 1-2 with a 5.68 ERA and seven saves when he injured his elbow.
mlb.com

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
his agent came out and said they're willing to take a 1 year deal to get his stock back up (they dont have a choice)

i think this was the main reason he sucked the past year
he was great the 1st half of 2010. second half and this year though, train wreck

i'd like him to be back, but i doubt he comes back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%