Brock Lesnar Retires After 1st-Rd Loss to Overeem

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brock Lesnar retired from mixed martial arts after Alistair Overeem stopped him with one vicious kick to the body in the first round of their heavyweight bout at UFC 141 on Friday night.

Lesnar is the UFC's biggest pay-per-view star and the former heavyweight champion, but his return from a 14-month injury absence ended with Lesnar staggering and crumpling against the cage. He couldn't recover from a kick from Overeem (36-11), the 6-foot-5 Dutch kickboxing star making his UFC debut.

Lesnar (5-3) is a former NCAA champion wrestler and pro-wrestling star who rose swiftly to the top of MMA. But he has fought just three times in the past 2½ years while dealing with bouts of diverticulitis, a lower-intestinal ailment that nearly killed him.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Couldn't take any hits, could have been really good had he gone straight to MMA after wrestling at Minnesota IMO.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Was a horrible fight, Lesnar only looks like a self of his former self. I called him retiring right when he lost lol.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn Dana must be choked lol. He had a good but brief fighting career. He accomplished a lot in a very short period of time. The Reem is a monster though.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
Hate him or love him it's too bad he has to retire, he had such a short career.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, I hate the dude but it does suck. But he needed to. Allistar is gonna beast in the ufc. Dude is a tank.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Was a horrible fight, Lesnar only looks like a self of his former self.
That doesnt make any sense..... lol. Im playin.

Damn I didnt think he would retire so soon. I think he still had some fight in him, but he had no stamina whatsoever. He needed to pace himself to be more successful.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His disease he had/has doesn't help though..

NCSportsfan21

Reaction score
Is still one bad ass dude. My favorite fighters are now retired or dead. Evan Tanner RIP, BJ and Brock both done.

Jon Jones is still in his prime thankfully and unstoppable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%