Braves Open To Trading Jurrjens, Prado

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Braves have told some teams they would be willing to move Jair Jurrjens and Martin Prado in a trade, a Major League source tells MLB.com's Mark Bowman. Atlanta is known to be looking for a power-hitting outfielder and possibly a new shortstop, so either could be acquired in a Jurrjens/Prado trade, or at the very least the Braves could pick up some salary relief --- both Jurrjens and Prado are arbitration-eligible for the second time this winter.

The Braves and Royals have already discussed a Jurrjens trade, and the Braves have an interest in minor league outfielders Lorenzo Cain and Wil Myers, amongst several other prospects in K.C.'s deep farm system. The Royals are known to be targeting veteran starting pitching on the trade market this winter so the two sides would seem like a fit as trading partners. As Bowman notes, Cain could be seen by the Braves as a future center field option if Michael Bourn isn't signed to an extension.

Jurrjens was an All-Star in 2011, though the right-hander struggled badly (a 5.88 ERA) in the second half of the season and spent time on the DL with a knee injury. While Jurrjens' health is a question mark, Myers also took a minor step back (a .745 OPS in Double-A) in 2011 after being ranked as the 10th-best prospect in the sport in Baseball America's preseason rankings. Myers is still just 20, however, and was converted to the outfield this year after spending his first two pro seasons as a catcher.

After an impressive 2010 season that saw him finish ninth in NL MVP voting, Prado took a step back in 2011, hitting .260/.302/.385 as Atlanta's everyday left fielder. Prado's ability to play left, third, first and second base would make him an intriguing trade possibility for a number of teams, especially since he could be available at a somewhat buy-low price.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Jair for Swisher and Nunez, get it done Cash lol

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd love to see the jays nab Prado. Average defensively but he doesn't strike out very much.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Braves always trade their pieces away lol

I hope they don't trade Jair at least, but I can see it coming

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I guess we might jump on Prado.
He can play 2nd, and could bat leadoff.
Sounds like a nice pickup to me lol.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Prado doesn't have the patience to hit leadoff for me. Better served as a 6/7 hitter, MAYBE 2nd if desperate.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i love the way the braves run things

sell high.
Jair is a nice pitcher, but man he doesn't strike out anybody at all
and the braves are STACKED with young arms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%