Bowers..

Mooche

Reaction score
He ran a 4.91 at this Pro Day, just today. So much for all the speed and talk about how explosive he is. The fact is that the team is not letting on how bad this knee injury really is. I don't care what is being said, I wouldn't be surprised for him to take a little bit of a slide.

Also, I wouldn't feel comfortable with my team drafting him in the top ten personally.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He had knee surgery not too long ago, so I'm assuming that has a lot to do with it, but I don't think anyone should have realistically expected him to run sub 4.6. He's not really a speed rusher anyway. He has great pursuit ability, and you can tell that on film, but he's more of a powerful edge rusher. He even rotated in at defensive tackle at Clemson. Fully healthy, I would have expected around 4.7/4.75, but 40 times are overvalued. I'm more interested in his vertical if we're looking at explosiveness.

It's pretty clear that he won't play in a 3-4 though... but I could have told you that a long time ago.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Well yes, I wasn't expecting him to go to a 3-4 either. And even Dimitroff said all the teams know he could have run better if not recovering.

Mooche

Reaction score
Who is Dimitroff?
Atlanta Falcons.

That's fine, but DaQuan Bowers has always been one of the most overrated prospects in this Draft. Here's a guy who completely relies on physical talent. He's brutal at the point of attack. He isn't as polished as many people think, and when people want to say Robert Quinn has a lack of moves that he uses, look at Bowers.. I don't find this guy that special at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%