Blood clot may end career for Skins' Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
Mike Williams, slated to compete for the Redskins' starting right guard job, is expected to miss the upcoming season because of blood clots near his heart.
The condition could also be career threatening. While we don't believe Williams would have beaten out Artis Hicks for the starting job, his loss depletes what little depth the Redskins had up front. The former No. 4 overall pick signed a two-year, $1.49 million deal in March. Jul. 10 - 8:09 am et
Source: Washington Post
Really sad news for both parties. He worked so hard to get himself in shape. I mean REAL hard, I read one report saying that he cut down from weighing 410 pounds. Simply amazing.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No sh1t...that's really bad news. I know somebody who was in the same situation and its a situation that can kill you. This person I know got very lucky but has to spend the rest of her life taking blood thinners and a bunch of other sh1t.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
That sucks, I know he worked really hard and I actually feel bad for him. I'm left with nothing mean to say other than the fact that lucky for him he got checked first and didn't die of a heart attack in the midst of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%