Big Ben, Not Well Liked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Some former Pittsburgh Steelers teammates are kicking Ben Roethlisberger(notes) while he's down, telling ESPN that Roethlisberger wasn't well-liked in the locker room while they were there.

Kelly Naqi did a story for ESPN's "Outside the Lines" this weekend, focusing on Roethlisberger's image and reputation. She talked to former Steelers running back Najeh Davenport(notes), former Steelers safety about Mike Logan(notes), and some other people around the area. Here are some of the highlights.

• Davenport estimated that about 60 percent of the locker room felt like Roethlisberger thought he was "bigger than the team," and not focused on winning.

• Davenport also discussed a time when Joey Porter(notes) called out Roethlisberger in a team meeting for being the last one in to practice and the first one to leave. Porter also accused Roethlisberger of not being dedicated to the team, and criticized him for not fraternizing with his teammates.

• Mike Logan confirmed the incident where Porter addressed Roethlisberger, and said that all the things Porter mentioned were already being talked about in the locker room.

• Someone identified only as "a close friend of a Steelers player" said that the reason Roethlisberger had a bodyguard was because of an incident where a man put a gun to Roethlisberger's head because Roethlisberger was involved with the man's girlfriend.

• Naqi spoke with people who work at Pittsburgh bars and nightclubs, and they described Ben as someone who was condescending to the staffs and rude to other customers. One bar owner said Roethlisberger always expected he and his entourage to be given free food and drinks.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Roethlisberger-wasn-t-a-popular-Steeler-even-be?urn=nfl,236615

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SMH at this guy.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I believe it. I've heard plenty of reports that the guy is a douche.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
On the field, meh I don't know.

Off the field, douchebag 101.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%