Artest: Cavs Nothing Without LeBron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NEW YORK – Ron Artest is always good for a laugh, even the night after the Lakers lost to the Cavs for the second time this season. But in this case, he has a point.

Asked before the Lakers played the Knicks Friday night if the Cavs would be a playoff team without LeBron, Artest didn’t hesitate.

“Actually I thought about that [Thursday],” Artest said. “If you take LeBron off that team, no. They’re not. They’re nothing. Not that they’re nothing, they’re still human beings. But you take him off that team, no. I guess that’s why they got me, to take him out of the game. [Thursday] it didn’t work. They got us this year, so all we can do is move on from that and see what happens in the playoffs.”

Artest, who is from Queensbridge – a rough neighborhood just across the East River from Manhattan – always attracts a crowd of reporters when he plays at the Garden. He still represents one of many might-have-beens for the Knicks after the team passed on the former St. John’s star in the 1999 draft, when they picked Frederic Weis instead.

“No disrespect to Cleveland, but we need some star power here in New York,” Artest said. “We need some legit star power, so I can come down and beat up on ‘em. We still need some star power here in New York. We need one of those big-time players to come here and get a great team, and when the Lakers play the Knicks, we beat ‘em by like 40 or 50 points. It would be great hopefully one day to see a New York-L.A. championship. I don’t have any power to do that, but it would be nice.”

Don't blame me, Cavs fans. I don't make the news. I merely report it.

Artest strikes again...

Oiler35

Reaction score
Artest, shut up, the Lakers are nothing without Kobe.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Newsflash Artest, the Lakers are a better team without you, and with Ariza. He's a washed up bum who isn't even that good at defense anymore.. He's got no lateral quickness, no explosion and just has a big mouth now. But I guess the Lakers are that pathetic if they can't beat the 1 man show and it was Artest's job to cover that one man.. Really want to face the Lakers in the finals and beat the <Censored> out of them.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hmm.... A NY vs LA championship does sound like something Stern would like..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol and the Lakers are nothing without Kobe.

Lol at how this comes after LeBron schools his ass.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I guess that’s why they got me, to take him out of the game. [Thursday] it didnt work
He even knows bron schooled him.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LAkers without Kobe wouldn't make the playoffs in the West

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LAkers without Kobe wouldn't make the playoffs in the West
So true.. Outside of Kobe, they have 3 pretty good players in Bynum, Gasol and Odom, then a decent player in Artest then trash.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
havent you guys learned by now?
just ignore ron artest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%