Aramis Ramirez Intrigued By Marlins

Reaction score
With Ozzie Guillen headed to the Marlins, Cubs third baseman Aramis Ramirez says that Florida could become an attractive destination.

Ramirez is primed to become one of the top hitters on the free agent market if the Cubs don't offer him a long-term extension.

"Of course," Ramirez said. "They already got better [by acquiring Guillen]. Some people might not like the way he goes about his business, but the bottom line is he's a good manager, and he's won before. He knows what it takes.

"I wouldn't mind going there and playing."

Ramirez may not be the only member of the Cubs headed to South Florida.

Those close to Guillen say he likes Chicago manager Mike Quade enough that he's expected to try to hire him for his new coaching staff in Miami if Quade doesn't survive the Cubs' regime change.
http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/27298/20110928/aramis_ramirez_intrigued_by_marlins/

I really hope that Aramis stays away from the Marlins. Are they an intriguing team with all the current moves they're making? Yes, but are they going to give him a good shot to win like he really wants at this point in his career? I don't think so. If Pujols gets signed there, then sure, Aramis should look into it, but outside of that I don't think he should sign with the Marlins.

Thoughts?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
makes sense

word on the street is the marlins are going to raise payroll

Aramis is a way to raise payroll and get a big FA, without breaking the bank over Prince or Pujols

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%