Angels Cleaning House

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
The Los Angeles Angels continued to clean house in the wake of general manager Tony Reagins' departure, with longtime professional scout Rich Schlenker being informed late last week that his contract wasn't being renewed.

It has been a selective purge in the scouting ranks, with the Angels retaining pro scouts Brad Sloan and Jeff Schugel.

Schlencker, 68, was informed of the team's decision three weeks before his contract expired, scant time to land a job with another organization. Schlencker worked for the Angels for 27 years, the last 15 as a pro scout.
The Los Angeles Angels continued to turn over their front office with director of player development Abe Flores the latest to lose his job, Flores confirmed Sunday.

The Angels already accepted the resignation of general manager Tony Reagins and dismissed his two top assistants, Ken Forsch and Gary Sutherland.

Flores had been the Angels' farm director for the past four seasons. The Angels have offered Flores a position as a pro scout, which he said he'll mull over.

"It's normal protocol when there's a new GM for him to bring in his own people, and I've been asked to step aside," Flores said. "I totally understand that."

Many of the Angels' scouts and minor league personnel still haven't learned their fates. Most of the scouts' contracts expire Oct. 31. The Angels, who failed to reach the playoffs the past two seasons, have begun assembling names of potential replacements for Reagins.
-- ESPN.com

Lot of changes going on out west, and I wonder what lies ahead for the Angels. I mean, ya never know if a new GM comes in and wants to replace Scioscia as well. Sometimes it's all about a difference in philosophy and the direction they wanna go in.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
naw, Scioscia is locked up until 2018 i think

thats part of the problem
hard to try and make a move when you have to go to Scioscia. he's pretty much in charge
talk about job security. he could do whatever he wants

that contract is way too long

swoosh

Reaction score
Change was needed. It'll be interested to see who is hired as general manager. It isn't going to be some big shot because Scioscia has most of the say. We just need someone who can work well with him and doesn't make dumbfucktonyreaginstypemoves.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
FUck, i forgot how long his contract was, lol.

But you're right, he's got a lot of authority there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%