Anderson Silva Tried To Save UFC 151

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When the news of UFC 151′s cancellation reached middleweight champion Anderson Silva in Brazil, his only thought was what could he do to help?

Silva immediately called his manager Ed Soares in the United States and asked him what was going on, and if he could step into a fight to help save the show.

“He goes, ‘Hey, I just heard the show was potentially going to be cancelled,' and I said yeah it's true, it got cancelled. He goes, ‘Well, call Dana and tell him that I'm not in fighting shape, so I can't make 185. I can't make my 185 weight, but I'd be willing to step up and fight a 205er on eight days notice if it's going to help save the event,'” Sores revealed when speaking with MMAWeekly Radio.

“He goes, ‘I'm not prepared to take on Jon Jones because I haven't been training, so I don't think I'm ready for a championship bout, but I definitely would fight any other 205-pounder who is willing to step up and take the challenge.'”
“His biggest concern was really the other fighters. He said, ‘Ed, I remember when I was at that level of fighter where some of these undercard guys were, and the difference in paying your rent and putting food on the table was whether you were going to fight or not,' and he said if there's anything he could do to help the other fighters, he would step up and do it,” said Soares.
im not a huge spider fan but thats a standup gesture of him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%