A.J. Green declares for NFL

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No surprise here, but A.J. Green made it official this afternoon: He will forgo his senior season at Georgia and enter the NFL draft.

The Bulldogs’ junior wide receiver had been widely expected to enter the draft, with analysts projecting him to go in the top five picks and perhaps even as the No. 1 overall selection.

Green said the last week or so has been “hectic” as he finalized the decision with his family. He said he also talked with two former teammates who are in the NFL, quarterback Matthew Stafford and wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi.

“I think it’s a great opportunity for me,” Green said this afternoon from his home in Summerville, S.C. “This is a long-time dream since I was a little boy. I feel like my skills are up to par to make this next jump. . . . I feel like this is the best decision for me.”

Even so, he said, “it was one of the toughest decisions I’ve made, just leaving the brotherhood I have made at Georgia. . . . I’m going to really miss that.”

He said he told coach Mark Richt “a couple days ago” that he’d enter the draft, but said he wasn’t completely sure of the decision until Saturday.

Green said he regrets that the Bulldogs did not win a championship in his three years in Athens.

“It hurt,” he said. “That’s what I came there for, but things always happen for a reason. I’m going to be a Bulldog for life.”

Green is aware of the speculation that, with Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck opting to stay in school, he might have a chance to be the No. 1 pick. But he said he is not focusing on that. “You never know with that draft,” he said. “I’m going to work [to be drafted] as high as I can.”

He acknowledged the Carolina Panthers, who will have the No. 1 selection, would be close to home. “I’m pretty sure a bunch of my family and friends could make that trip easily,” he said.
Via AJC

-_-

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How does he rank up to CJ, Stunna?

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How does he rank up to CJ, Stunna?
Calvin Johnson? They're pretty close but AJ's better. I figure Carolina will take him just because he's from SC and Steve Smith is old lol

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn, better than CJ.
That's a lot of hype to live up too.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I don't think the Panthers will take him. Already have Steve Smith (Which, he isn't nearly as good as he use to be). Panthers have other gaping holes all over the place. Getting a WR in the first round is not going to help them win when they have no defense and no QB.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think the Panthers will take him. Already have Steve Smith (Which, he isn't nearly as good as he use to be). Panthers have other gaping holes all over the place. Getting a WR in the first round is not going to help them win when they have no defense and no QB.
I'm not sure that you fully understand how good AJ is. Pair him with Steve Smith and thats a huge offensive turnaround already man imo

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn, better than CJ.
That's a lot of hype to live up too.
They're pretty close tho haha we'll see in the league but GT got the ball to CJ more often imo, we'll see tho

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I'm not sure that you fully understand how good AJ is. Pair him with Steve Smith and thats a huge offensive turnaround already man imo
Need a Peppers replacement. I see them taking Da'Quan Bowers or Fairley.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Need a Peppers replacement. I see them taking Da'Quan Bowers or Fairley.
Hmm I could see those picks too but I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised at them picking up AJ. Dudes potential is insane

The Edge

Reaction score
This receiver class is so good with Green and Julio Jones.

I am not sure which ones they are but their freshmen years in college they were drawing comparisons to be the next Randy Moss and Terrell Owens, granted they can keep their mouths shut we should be hearing a lot about them for a long while at the next level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%