Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's kind of condescending, you're right about the valuing guys who can score the ball over guys who can defend, but there isn't a coach in the league that puts more attention on crafting an offense than building a defense.

My guess on that would be because it's much more realistic to take a bad defensive player and develop him than taking a bad offensive player and developing him into a good one.

BNC

Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
It's kind of condescending, you're right about the valuing guys who can score the ball over guys who can defend, but there isn't a coach in the league that puts more attention on crafting an offense than building a defense.

My guess on that would be because it's much more realistic to take a bad defensive player and develop him than taking a bad offensive player and developing him into a good one.
Ok how about this: Offense is more valuable because it only takes one player to score, but it takes an entire team to defend

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not voting a guy that can't create shots for himself as the #1 SG in the league.

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
For example no one would ever give Tony Allen a max contract, but Harden would receive max contracts from over half the teams in the league. I'd say those two are pretty much polar opposites of each other in terms of talents, no?
Awful comparrison

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
What would you say is more appropriate, because that's about the best I could come up with. One is an excellent offensive player and a negative defensive player, the other is a negative offensive player and an excellent defensive player
What the fuck? So klay is a negative offensive player? No point in arguing with you

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Besides being 7 years older, Allen doesn't have the impact on the defensive end that Harden has on the offensive end. If you compare it to someone like Gobert .. Yeah he could very well be getting a max.

BNC

Reaction score
Paulius33 said:
What the fuck? So klay is a negative offensive player? No point in arguing with you
Follow the thread of posts

This was about the Harden-Allen comp.

BNC

Reaction score
buzzy said:
Besides being 7 years older, Allen doesn't have the impact on the defensive end that Harden has on the offensive end. If you compare it to someone like Gobert .. Yeah he could very well be getting a max.
I'm talking at their peak. It's hard for a defensive superstar to have the same impact as an offensive superstar, the only reason for this was to show that offensive talent is more important

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BNC said:
Ok how about this: Offense is more valuable because it only takes one player to score, but it takes an entire team to defend
That as well

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
I'm not voting a guy that can't create shots for himself as the #1 SG in the league.
yeah, that's what I was saying too. 92% of his 3pt attempts being assisted on is incredibly high. He shows that he can be a star in the Ray Allen Boston role of coming off of screens and nailing threes (I'd argue he's on pace to be much better than Ray was too) but that doesn't make him a better overall player to Harden

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Had I known the JR Smith movement was real, I too would have participated.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's pretty funny voting for the worst guys on the polls, super original. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%