Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It is time to vote for the top 5 players at every position. Alot has changed in the last season so this should make for great discussion. Please try and vote for the best player and don't be a homer! I'll leave the polls open for about a day or so and after that we'll carry on to the #3 PG and so on. I will more than likely add more players as we go since you can only add 20 at a time.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best

2011 TOP 5 C RANKINGS
1) Dwight Howard
2) Andrew Bynum
3) Al Jefferson
4)
5)

2011 TOP 5 PF RANKINGS
1) Dirk Nowitzki
2) Amar'e Stoudemire
3) Pau Gasol
4) Kevin Love
5) Zach Randolph

2011 TOP 5 SF RANKINGS
1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Rudy Gay
5) Paul Pierce

2011 TOP 5 SG RANKINGS
1) Dwyane Wade
2) Kobe Bryant
3) Joe Johnson
4) Monta Ellis
5) Eric Gordon

2011 TOP 5 PG RANKINGS
1) Chris Paul
2) Deron Williams
3) Derrick Rose
4) Rajon Rondo
5) Steve Nash

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bogut got my vote. but its close for bogut/horford/gasol, imo

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Horford, if I was going with a defensive center I'd go with Varejao over Bogut..

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Horford, if I was going with a defensive center I'd go with Varejao over Bogut..
Sure, defensive center. Varejao is an excellent defender.

Overall though it's easily Bogut.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bogut isn't much better offensively. In fact, in the right system you could give Varejao the edge because of his quickness and ability in the pick and roll.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bogut is much better than Varejao offensively. Especially considering Bogut has a game away from the basket. Varejao is 31% for his career from 10-15 feet, Bynum is 35%. The percentage from closer to the basket (3-9 feet) is even farther apart, 37% for Varejao and 46% for Bynum. Even the percentage of their baskets are a huge difference. Bogut can create offense for himself, Varejao can't.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not arguing that Varejao is better at creating his own offense, but in reality, do you really want Bogut taking jumpers and creating for himself? No, because even though he's better then Varejao, he's still not that good at it. However, in pick and roll situations I'm easily taking Varejao, and generally just around the hoop I would prefer him because of his quickness and size combination, something that most NBA centers don't have. And like I've already mentioned, his defense which is the best at Center, other then Dwight Howard, obviously.

But I view Varejao as one of the more underrated players around, mainly because he's been labeled strictly a flopper and given a terrible reputation, even though he's not.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I went Horford, although I think he would be better if he played as a PF.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not arguing that Varejao is better at creating his own offense, but in reality, do you really want Bogut taking jumpers and creating for himself? No, because even though he's better then Varejao, he's still not that good at it. However, in pick and roll situations I'm easily taking Varejao, and generally just around the hoop I would prefer him because of his quickness and size combination, something that most NBA centers don't have. And like I've already mentioned, his defense which is the best at Center, other then Dwight Howard, obviously.

But I view Varejao as one of the more underrated players around, mainly because he's been labeled strictly a flopper and given a terrible reputation, even though he's not.
Bogut shot better than 36% from 10-15 feet last year. A guy like Kevin Love who is considered a good mid range shooter for his size only shot 34%. Heck Lebron is only a 34% shooter from that range for his career. I want him to work the paint, and he's obviously not going to live and die by that shot, but I don't have a problem with him putting a few of those shots up to keep the defense on it's feet.

As for the pick and roll, like I stated earlier, Bogut was the 5th highest among all players in pick and roll shots at 71% with atleast 50 rolls to the rim. That's incredible. If Varejao is better than Bogut on the pick and roll, he has to be the premier pick and roll player in the NBA, which I doubt he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%