2012 NBA Draft: If the Order was Reversed

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I got bored, and decided to mock the 2012 Draft, but if the order was flipped around. Did all trades that happened before the Draft started, but non that happened during/after

1. GOLDEN STATE (via SA): C Anthony Davis
They need a center and a small forward. While MKG and actual Warrior Harrison Barnes is available, so is Anthony Davis. Not really a hard decision here
2. CHICAGO: SG Bradley Beal
With a need for a SG that can score, picking Beal here isnt too hard. MKG will be looked at, but Beal is the easy pick.
3. OKLAHOMA CITY: PF Thomas Robinson
They wished that Beal would fall to them, but he didn't. So they should take Robinson, to give them an inside scoring threat.
4. MIAMI: C Andre Drummond
I know MKG is still on the board, but they really don't need a SF on the roster. What they do need is a bigman who can block shots, and with Davis and TRob gone, Drummond is the next best. And they are in no hurry to rush Drummond, so he can develop his skills with time.
5. INDIANA: PG Damian Lillard
Another tough spot; with Granger and George, they dont need Barnes or MKG. Damian Lillard gives Indiana a scoring PG, which could possibly be a good pair with Collison I guess. The only 3 big men who should be taken Top 5 are all gone.
6. MEMPHIS: SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
The value is too great to not take MKG. He's much better than Waiters is, even though they could probably use a SG. Gay might be dealt, so getting his replacement isn't too bad.
7. CLEVELAND (via LAL): SG Dion Waiters
This decision should be obvious.
8. ATLANTA: SF Harrison Barnes
Best scorer on the board, and they need a SF. Barnes is the BAP too.
9. BOSTON (via LAC): SG Austin Rivers
I'd much prefer Terrence Ross to go here, but there is no way they pass on Doc's kid unfortunately.
10. BOSTON: PF John Henson
Boston loved this kid, and hoped he fell to them in the real draft, but that didnt happen. Great shot blocker, and a good rebounder. He can learn a lot from Garnett.
11. DENVER: SG Terrence Ross
They dont have Iggy yet, and really dont need a C/PF/SF/PG. So its Ross here.
12. ORLANDO: PG Kendall Marshall
Orlando picks up the true PG they've wanted for a while. They liked Marshall in the real draft, but he went too early for them to get him.
13. HOUSTON (via MIN): SG Jeremy Lamb
No explanation needed.
14. DALLAS: C Meyers Leonard
They need a C with Tyson gone now, and Leonard gives them one.
15. HOUSTON (via NYK): SF Royce White
Another repeat pick for Houston. They liked him over Harkless anyways.
16. PHILADELPHIA: SF Moe Harkless
They drafted him IRL, they'll draft him again.
17. MIL (via HOU): C Tyler Zeller
They really liked 3 big men in this draft: Leonard, Henson, and Zeller. With the first two gone, they go Zeller here.
18. PHOENIX: SF Perry Jones III
Nobody really here, so they go with the guy with the largest upside in Jones. They have too many bigs as it is to pick Sullinger.
19. HOUSTON (via MIL): PF Terrence Jones
20. PORTLAND: PF Jared Sullinger
They were rumored to take him #6 at one point, but he ended up falling to #21 IRL. They are quite glad to take Sully here.
21. NEW ORLEANS (via MIN): C Fab Melo
They wanted the big defensive center with good shot blocking ability, in Davis. They get Fab Melo here. All the teams 21-30 here get screwed over in the process of switching them around, but whatever.
22. DETROIT: PF Arnett Moultrie
I'm still baffled to how he fell so late IRL, but he did. He's, in my opinion, than Nicholson, so thats who Detroit pairs with Monroe.
23. TORONTO: SG Evan Fournier
Another foreigner for the Raps. And they need a SG.
24. GOLDEN STATE: SG John Jenkins
There really aren't any SFs available, but you dont pass on Davis #1. Jenkins is the top scorer available now.
25. PORTLAND (via BKN): PG Tony Wroten
They wanted a PG in Lillard. They take the top PG available: Tony Wroten
26. SACRAMENTO: PF Andew Nicholson
Top bigman available. Sucks they dont get TRob anymore
27. CLEVELAND: C Festus Ezeli
Ezeli should be a decent pair with Tristian Thompson.
28. WASHINGTON: SG Jared Cunningham
Cunningham is no Beal, but he's decent I guess.
29. CHARLOTTE: SF Jeff Taylor
They took him in Rd 2, why not take him in Rd1?
30. NEW ORLEANS: PG Marquis Teagle
Marquis gets to run the show, or at least compete with Jack and Grevious fot the starting PG spot.

yep. idk.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
U have to much time on your hands lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
actually pretty clever.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Why do you host a sim league?

Oh yeah that's right, because some people like shit like this. Just because you've had some vendetta at me for a while now, reasoning unknown, doesn't mean others won't appreciate it

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Think it is a cool concept.
You should do some redrafts if you get more time.
I'd like to see a 2010 one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%