2011 Underclassmen Heading For NFL Thread

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ATHENS - What was long expected is now done: A.J. Green has declared for the NFL draft, passing on his senior year at Georgia.

The news came in a release by UGA a little after 12:30 p.m. on Sunday.

"While it was a difficult decision, it came down to the opportunity of pursuing a dream I've had since early childhood," Green said in a statement released by the school. "But Georgia is a great place and I'm so appreciative of the opportunity to be a Georgia Bulldog. I want to thank the coaches, my teammates and the fans who have supported me and helped me grow not only as a player but as a man."

Green currently ranks as the top receiver on a lot of draft boards, and there's an outside chance he could go first overall to Carolina.

"A.J. has made an immeasurable impact on our team over the past three seasons and we wish him nothing but the best," Georgia head coach Mark Richt said in a statement. "I've enjoyed the blessing of working with him and getting to know his family and we wish him all the success in professional football. Once a Bulldog always a Bulldog."
http://www.macon.com/2011/01/09/1404383/green-leaving-uga-for-nfl.html#ixzz1AYtj6Mqv

Confirmed by Joe Schad

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jamie Harper announced he's going pro...which surprises the hell out of me. He has been hot garbage in his college career.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Gotta remove Janoris Jenkins. He's going back to school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%