2011 Draft Bust?

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Who do you have?

I have Ryan Mallett, I think he's too over hyped. I'm not impressed with him at all. I don't like his footwork, at all and he's got some maturing to do. I just do not believe he's going to be the leader/player that a team is looking for at QB for the future.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
prince amukamara, just a gut feeling.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not a fan of any of the QBs in this draft

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Cam Newton. Just because he's going to be a project and you just never know with those. I could be wrong, and I probably will be. I just have that feeling he will be.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All you dudes hating on Cam fuck you...thats bad karma

I can see Mallett being a bust for real just because he might go into the wrong system and that'll stunt his development

The Edge

Reaction score
I gotta say Gabbert just with how high he is ending up. I don't see Mallett being a bust. He's not going to be on the Brees, Brady, Manning level but I think he will be a solid QB.

I can also see John Clay riding 2009 to a higher pick than he really deserves.

Newton I think is an easy call. He's not in any way polished to be a pro QB and from some of the Mocks having him going 3rd to Buffalo, they will never be able to justify taking him that high if he even were to polish up some. To me he's got Tim Tebow's size and arm and Michael Vick's athleticism. I don't think he's fast enough to get away from NFL defenders and I don't think he has the toughness Tebow has to run them over and he hasn't got Vicks arm that could possibly get him out of trouble. Unless he has a career as a TE/3rd-4th Receiver, I don't see him succeeding.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I gotta say Gabbert just with how high he is ending up. I don't see Mallett being a bust. He's not going to be on the Brees, Brady, Manning level but I think he will be a solid QB.

I can also see John Clay riding 2009 to a higher pick than he really deserves.

Newton I think is an easy call. He's not in any way polished to be a pro QB and from some of the Mocks having him going 3rd to Buffalo, they will never be able to justify taking him that high if he even were to polish up some. To me he's got Tim Tebow's size and arm and Michael Vick's athleticism. I don't think he's fast enough to get away from NFL defenders and I don't think he has the toughness Tebow has to run them over and he hasn't got Vicks arm that could possibly get him out of trouble. Unless he has a career as a TE/3rd-4th Receiver, I don't see him succeeding.
Cam Newton is Tebow on steroids. The dude is 6'6 260, he can run over anybody Tebow can.

The Edge

Reaction score
just because he has the size doesn't mean he has the same mental make up and I've yet to see him mow anyone down like Tebow could...

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Why are we even saying Tebow is good? He hasn't done jack shit.

The Edge

Reaction score
Why are we even saying Tebow is good? He hasn't done jack shit.
never referred to him being good in anyway. Just a comparison point for Cam Newton and the fact that he doesn't lower his head and run/attempt to run through guys like Tebow does despite being much larger.

Also Tebow was tied for a long period of time for the most Rushing TDs on the Broncos...

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Yeah, but it's the Broncos. Tebow led them with 6 rushing TD.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
just because he has the size doesn't mean he has the same mental make up and I've yet to see him mow anyone down like Tebow could...
He can easily mow people over, he's just smart enough not to when it's unnecessary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53FAyEJaDH0&feature=related

He just shit on that linebacker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%