2014-15 GM of the Year

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Voting for 2014-15 GM of the Year is now open. Please send your votes to @[member=CameronCrazy06] via PM *ON THIS SITE*. I would encourage anyone who feels they deserve the award to make a case for themselves, and for everybody to wait to hear said cases before casting your vote. The more discussion/debate we get in this thread, the better.

While you can make a case for yourself, you cannot vote for yourself.

Voting will close when the playoffs end. Try not to take playoff results into account. It's a regular season award. Always a chance you could get paid for voting, so you should vote. Just fucking vote.

Past Winners:

2013-14: DJT
2012-13: Cheddar
2011-12: .G9
2010-11: daulten780

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I'll start if off. I came into the season after having lost back-to-back Game 7's in the Finals, and still found a way to improve my team (both on paper and by record). I have the best defensive team in the league when you factor in points given up, steals, blocks, etc. I couldn't improve my W-L by 20+ because my team is consistently good. I don't make flashy moves if I don't have to. But I'm constantly looking for ways to make my team better (i.e. the Patrick Patterson trade with Houston). I have the best and deepest team in the league. Vote for me. Vote for freedom.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I completely rebuild my roster in the offseason, leading to my team breaking 50 wins (should have been more but fuck injuries) for the first time in this sim. I turned Gortat's huge contract into the much cheaper Al Jefferson who provided just as much production and even made 3rd team All-NBA. I was able to unload Carlos Boozer's contract to open up a max slot that I used to sign Derrick Favors, who had one of the best seasons of his career, averaging 15/11 as a non option. I picked up Devin Harris at the end of free agency on what I think is a pretty good contract (~$14M over 3 years) and he averaged 11 points as my starting SG. We also did well picking up guys on minimum contracts including Rudy Fernandez, Jared Dudley, and Dorrell Wright, who all had great shooting seasons off the bench, but I think I found the steal of the offseason in Brandon Bass who was signed for the min and averaged 10/8 as my 6th man. 

There's the pitch, vote for me if you wish.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Should also mention that theres a GMOTY curse going, so if you have any hope of me losing in the playoffs, might as well vote for me for that reason too haha

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Should also mention that theres a GMOTY curse going, so if you have any hope of me losing in the playoffs, might as well vote for me for that reason too haha
I'm losing anyways, so if y'all vote for me I won't blame it on the curse.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Voted. I don't feel i'm in the running so I will not make a case haha.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufCH2TNY3pw&feature=youtu.be&t=118

Congratulations @CameronCrazy06 for winning 2014-15 GM of the Year. I have to say, I don't think anybody has ever deserved this award more.

Full voting:

CameronCrazy06 (6)
brackattack (5)
Teagz (3)
snipezo (3)

Give yourself $1 if you voted. And if you didn't vote for me, you're dead to me. Now onto the playoffs.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Congrats CC

For those who voted for me, I <3 you

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Congrats cc. Have fun with your first round exit now

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Anybody that actually voted for brack is an idiot

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Him swindling his way into Klay, Batum and Gortat is why I voted for him.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Anybody that actually voted for brack is an idiot
you did nothing to your team; he added batum and klay 

i dont get how anybody voted you for GMOTY... you literally had a 3-0 lead in the Finals last year smh 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
you did nothing to your team; he added batum and klay 

i dont get how anybody voted you for GMOTY... you literally had a 3-0 lead in the Finals last year smh
I made subtle moves to make my team even better than last year, and they've paid off. You don't have to make flashy moves to be GMOTY.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I made subtle moves to make my team even better than last year, and they've paid off. You don't have to make flashy moves to be GMOTY.
You swapped JCraw, Etwaun, and MWP for PatPat, Burks, and Sully

u definitely got better... but better than getting Batum and Klay?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
You swapped JCraw, Etwaun, and MWP for PatPat, Burks, and Sully

u definitely got better... but better than getting Batum and Klay?
It's astronomically harder to get better from the position that I was in versus the position Brack was in with all the young talent he had from his rebuild.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%