2011 Womens World Cup

spangar

Reaction score
Actually watching the Nigeria and France game this morning so I decided to make a thread in-case anyone else watches it in the next month.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
damn you post something on this irrelevant tournament and i havent seen nothing on the Gold Cup finals here?

Mexico laid an ass whooping on the US :p

spangar

Reaction score
damn you post something on this irrelevant tournament and i havent seen nothing on the Gold Cup finals here?

Mexico laid an ass whooping on the US :p
haha..was so bored when i was watching it so i figured i would share my boredom :D

BlueNation

Reaction score
I think i have only missed 2 of the WC games. I'm actually quite into it, which is surprising because I don't usually like women sports. However I'm a huge fan of soccer in general. Very excited at the chance of the US actually going all the way.
Must say Brazil looks crazy good. I hate to state the obvious but Marta is friggen amazing and looks to be in top in top form.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i did a little bit on the side

that brazilian defender had one shitty day lmfao, shooting the own goal and missing the penalty.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Poetic justice but, either way, hell of a game for USA. Also, even though the play was offside, Brazil's goal in extra time was pretty nasty.

Mooche

Reaction score
I want to rail Hope Solo. I guess that qualifies.

BlueNation

Reaction score
Hope Solo is so fine and I personally think she has the sexiest voice. Alex Morgan is so fine too!

I love what Wambach said about the pk that Marta got "She did the best thing she could do for her team and fall to the ground"

I think it's great that the reason we got +3 injury time was because Erika was walking around and just fell to the ground like she was dying, got took off on a stretcher, and when it got to the sideline she got off it and ran to center field to check back in.

Mooche

Reaction score
Marta is a fucking beast though.. She has insane talent, and her speed is off the charts.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was saying, her 2nd goal was nasty (though also should not have counted)

Mooche

Reaction score
She was slightly off-side it appeared. I'll give you that. The Brazlians really were immature, and ultimately I'm glad that the U.S was able to pull this out and shut them up.

That's how they are. Very skilled, self centered and they play like it's all about them.

BlueNation

Reaction score
The US controlled the second half of extra time.
The refs dodged a huge one today though. They were going to get ripped to shreds if we lost. That was awful officiating.
Dare I say women shouldn't ref professional soccer?

Mooche

Reaction score
Serious, serious good comeback by the USA.. They got absolutely man handled throughout this game in the area of chances I feel, but good teams find a way to win and that's exactly what they did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%