Andrew Luck vs. Russell Wilson

Oiler35

Reaction score
After yesterday, a lot of people who were generally pro-Wilson seemed to be relatively quiet, especially in their critical analysis of Luck. So, I want to know, which of the two you would rather have/ believe is better. All stats are from NFL.com.

Over their respective careers:

Andrew Luck:
854 completions on 1,457 attempts (58.6%), 10,183 yards (third fastest to 10k; 7 yards average/attempt), 63 TDs, 34 INTs, 84.7 QBR. 151 rushing attempts for 725 yards (4.8 yard average), 11 TDs, 18 fumbles (8 lost).

Russell Wilson:
601 completions on 939 attempts (64%), 7,453 yards (7.9 yards average/attempt), 60 TDS, 21 INTs, 100.5 QBR. 221 rushing attempts for 1,249 yards (5.7 average), 7 TDs, 21 fumbles (8 lost).

This season (keeping in mind Luck has played one more game than Wilson):

Andrew Luck:
172 completions on 260 attempts (66.2%), 1987 yards, 17 TDs, 7 INTs. 26 rushing attempts for 93 yards (3.6 yard average), 2 rushing TDs, 2 fumbles (1 lost).

Russell Wilson:
92 completions on 139 attempts (66.2%), 978 yards (7 yards average/attempt), 8 TDs, 2 INTs. 31 rushing attempts for 221 yards (7.1 average), 2 TDs, 5 fumbles (0 lost).

So, ultimately, who would you rather have?

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
Luck easily, just a great QB and he is looking to get better and better.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Luck might have already become the best QB in the NFL. I like Wilson, we all do, but yeah...

With that being said, I've never heard anyone say they'd take Wilson over Luck.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mobruler said:
Luck might have already become the best QB in the NFL. I like Wilson, we all do, but yeah...

With that being said, I've never heard anyone say they'd take Wilson over Luck.
You've never been on /r/NFL then lol. So many Russ dick-riders

It's Luck, easily. He leads the league in TDs and yards. He has thrown for more than 1000 yards than Wilson. It's not close

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I'd definitely take Luck. Which is more of a testament to how damn good he is, then Wilson lacking obviously. 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
You've never been on /r/NFL then lol. So many Russ dick-riders

r/NFL is the worst sports sub on reddit. The comments are a cesspool.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Was this question asked in seriousness? It's not even close lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Do you have a personal problem with Russell Wilson? 

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is a horrible matchup. Wilson is a game manager

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
elcheato said:
Do you have a personal problem with Russell Wilson? 

After he claimed to be spoken to "by God," you're damn right I do. Otherwise, I just hate him because people slobber all over his knob while he displays mediocrity. He does not deserve to be one of the highest paid QBs in the league. I'm sick of all the bullshit praise he gets when there are a lot of better quarterbacks out there.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He claimed to be spoken to by god, like millions of other religious people. You went grave digging for no reason other than to bash him more, get a grip 

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
elcheato said:
He claimed to be spoken to by god, like millions of other religious people. You went grave digging for no reason other than to bash him more, get a grip 

He is using faith as a means to promote himself, which is something that Jesus spoke vehemently against. The guy is a self-absorbed twat. He's not Tim Tebow, but he's close.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
For what it's worth, this feels a lot like Brady/Manning early on

Peyton was the consensus #1 overall pick coming out of the draft, and put up big time numbers in his early career. Took him a while to go to the Super Bowl, though.

Brady was the mid-late draft pick, drafted as a high-upside backup, but did not have the prototypical QB body. Early in his career he was considered a game manager, as he made 2 Super Bowl appearances in his first 3 real years in the league. Those teams were led by a great defense, which included a star corner, a hard hitting safety, an instinctive MLB, and a plethora of good edge rushers.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
For what it's worth, this feels a lot like Brady/Manning early on
Peyton was the consensus #1 overall pick coming out of the draft, and put up big time numbers in his early career. Took him a while to go to the Super Bowl, though.
Brady was the mid-late draft pick, drafted as a high-upside backup, but did not have the prototypical QB body. Early in his career he was considered a game manager, as he made 2 Super Bowl appearances in his first 3 real years in the league. Those teams were led by a great defense, which included a star corner, a hard hitting safety, an instinctive MLB, and a plethora of good edge rushers.
Very good analogy. The only difference being that Wilson fell so much due to his height as opposed to Brady due to his lack of athleticism. Luck is the better QB, but Wilson has the intangibles that make him clutch in those pressure moments. I think at the end of the day Luck will have the better career than Wilson, he has less mobility but he can make that difficult 3rd and 7 throw to the sideline with more accuracy. Ive seen way too many times where Wilson gets too run happy because coverages are tight.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
I still think it's luck by a mile. The number of game winning drives he's put up already is mind boggling.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Wilson has a bad case of happy feet. He bails from the pocket way too early a lot of the time. It is Luck by a mile right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%