2018-19 Offseason Thread

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Needed a reliever, especially a lefty, so I'm happy to see Britton coming back.

Didn't really look like himself last year but hopefully he rounds back into shape coming off that Achilles injury. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I was actually surprised he got the money he did given his injury history. At his best he's as good as any reliever in the game, though, so it could be a great bargain.

brett05

Reaction score
The more time goes on, I really start to wonder if the Free Agents are just going to take the big money offers they are getting from lesser teams (White Sox) than the Big Clubs like the Yanks and Dodgers.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Do we even know what they've offered? I know it was reported they made a serious offer to Machado but no details at all other than it's more like $200M than $300m.

brett05

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
Do we even know what they've offered? I know it was reported they made a serious offer to Machado but no details at all other than it's more like $200M than $300m.
I don't know how real any of the offers really are outside of the final one that a player takes to join a team

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Rumors are they won't go past 7 years so it's hard to envision them landing Machado or Harper. 

brett05

Reaction score
_NV™ said:
Rumors are they won't go past 7 years so it's hard to envision them landing Machado or Harper. 
that was an unsubstantiated rumor.

Landed another top reliever for the White Sox.  Going to be interesting especially in the AL Central 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Even with Machado in the mix, the Indians are still comfortably ahead of anyone else in the AL Central

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Looks like the Yanks are moving on from Machado after signing LeMahieu.

Don't love the signing but it's not for a lot of money and he plays solid defense. 

Has always put the bat on the ball which this team sorely needs but his splits away from Coors are concerning. 

catman

Reaction score
LeMahieu should be just fine, if he can handle New York.  The fans there are a bit different than in Colorado.  Reports are that they are still considering Machado, but not more than 5 years.  I could see 5/$175MM from the Yankees.  He wants to play there and they could use him, but not enough to give him the ultra-long contract.

brett05

Reaction score
elcheato said:
Even with Machado in the mix, the Indians are still comfortably ahead of anyone else in the AL Central
I agree, but the gap closes, and starting with 2020, certainly no later than 2021 at worst there's competition for the Indians and the rest of the AL with the White Sox.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/1085587294730502147

Can't believe the Yanks wouldn't be willing to top this. 

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Looking likely that Sonny Gray ends up in Cincinnati. Not a great park for him to pitch in but facing NL lineups will definitley help. 

He's better than what he showed for us. 

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Aaron Hicks extension for 7/$70. Didn't see it coming but Cashman loves Hicks so not surprising. 

Could be a huge bargain if he stays healthy. Plus defender and has been really productive offensively the last couple years. 

Florial or Frazier eventually being moved for a SP seems inevitable. 

catman

Reaction score
Hicks has blossomed in the Bronx.  He is the player the Twins thought they were drafting.

catman

Reaction score
Marwin Gonzales signed with the Twins 2/$21MM.  He plays everywhere and has a great bat.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Big time extension for Arenado. Wasn't long ago that a player like that would be salivating at the chance of hitting the open market. 

The top players are still getting paid though. Seems this market reset is mainly hurting the middling player like a Moustakas who turned down a 17 million dollar QO last year only to sign back to back 1 year deals worth a combined 18 lol 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%