Not open for further replies.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Spring Training is back. Thank the baseball Gods. I've been bored as shit since football ended.

Anyone have one of the New Era Prolite caps?  What do you think?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
AE. said:

Yeah, wtf is the wrong way to play? Someone tell Gardy that plowing into the catcher is no longer allowed. 

I read a lot of the same stupid shit in this area regarding the Reds. Delusional fans and beat writers doing their best to prop up the club and act like they know it won't be another 90-loss season.
Mets writers do the same thing. Fans give dumb nicknames to mediocre players and then don't want to see them replaced.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chase Utley back with the Dodgers. Not sure he every left but he gets a 1-year deal. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dodgers specifically waited til today when pitchers and catchers report for some reason

I think about DL usage or whatever.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lincecum threw 20 pitches yesterday for 15 scouts. He was apparently clocking 90-92 with his fastball. Hopefully he holds up. I can see him as an effective 2-inning reliever.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
AE. said:
Lincecum threw 20 pitches yesterday for 15 scouts. He was apparently clocking 90-92 with his fastball. Hopefully he holds up. I can see him as an effective 2-inning reliever.
I still like this guy even though he fell off the face of the Earth.

catman

Reaction score
I would have no problem with Lincecum in my bullpen or as an emergency starter.  

catman

Reaction score
Jake Odorizzi to the Twins for minor league SS Jermaine Palacios.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like Rays are rebuilding. Don't know how good the prospect is or not.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Is it worth it for the Sox to take a look at Corey Dickerson? He's not a huge power hitter, but he did hit 27 homeruns last year. It doesn't look good with Martinez, so maybe this could be another option if we are able to sign him at the right price.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Is it worth it for the Sox to take a look at Corey Dickerson? He's not a huge power hitter, but he did hit 27 homeruns last year. It doesn't look good with Martinez, so maybe this could be another option if we are able to sign him at the right price.
Should be interesting to see what the market is for him.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dumping CoDick is mind boggling, but then again, his arb figure is going to be more than the small market wants to handle right now. They took in $12M with acqutiring Span and I think ditching CoDick and Odorizzi saves $13M.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
AE. said:
Dumping CoDick is mind boggling, but then again, his arb figure is going to be more than the small market wants to handle right now. They took in $12M with acqutiring Span and I think ditching CoDick and Odorizzi saves $13M.
There comes a point when a small market team is too small market. That's the Rays right now. It never used to be this bad. If you ask me, they're screwing up big time.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
There comes a point when a small market team is too small market. That's the Rays right now. It never used to be this bad. If you ask me, they're screwing up big time.
If they do get a stadium deal done, I fully expect them to put all their future eggs in that basket. This is the small market blues. Good news for the 12 Rays fans out there is Durham was really good over the past couple seasons. They’ve got a lot of really good ‘spects coming up.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
AE. said:
If they do get a stadium deal done, I fully expect them to put all their future eggs in that basket. This is the small market blues. Good news for the 12 Rays fans out there is Durham was really good over the past couple seasons. They’ve got a lot of really good ‘spects coming up.
With the market they're running now, it's a revolving door.  As soon as they come up, they'll be traded.  You can't expect to compete with a $20 million payroll, no matter how small of a market you belong to.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Halos bring in Chris Young and Chris Carter. Angels OF is pretty damn legit.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Arent both of those guys DHs at this point in their career?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Young can play corner OF

he's not good enough to warrant being a starter, but he can play the field if need be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%