Which Sophomore QB Is Most Likely To Slump?

Who Is More Likely To Suffer A Slump?

• Andrew Luck

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Robert Griffin III

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Hurricane said:

Redskins were missing RG3's two best options on offense. (Garcon + Davis)  Orakpo was gone, Carriker was gone, Neild was gone (rotational nose), Merriweather was gone, TJack was gone, Helu was gone, and they didn't have a single running back behind Morris that was worth a damn.  Redskins had 17 guys in IR. 

Wilson was banged up all year.  Fletcher was banged up all year.  Licht and Jarvis Jenkins were coming off of ACL injuries.  There were a ton of injuries everywhere... that's the NFL.  Not too many teams had it worse than the Redskins, though.

I'm curious, though... who do you think the Giants' best corner is?

I thought Thomas was considered their best corner, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Also, I would argue that Will Montgomery is Washington's second best player. He pretty much turned their OL into the machine that made things so easy for Morris last year.
Trent Williams is the Redskins' second best player, but Monty is definitely underrated.  As is Darrel Young, but I digress.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Hurricane said:

Redskins were missing RG3's two best options on offense. (Garcon + Davis)  Orakpo was gone, Carriker was gone, Neild was gone (rotational nose), Merriweather was gone, TJack was gone, Helu was gone, and they didn't have a single running back behind Morris that was worth a damn.  Redskins had 17 guys in IR. 

Wilson was banged up all year.  Fletcher was banged up all year.  Licht and Jarvis Jenkins were coming off of ACL injuries.  There were a ton of injuries everywhere... that's the NFL.  Not too many teams had it worse than the Redskins, though.

I don't think there's any denying that Dallas had it worse than Washington, mostly because of how badly it affected their defense (Sean Lee (Dallas' best player), Bruce Carter, Jay Ratliff, Barry Church, Orlando Scandrick, Ware basically played with one arm, etc).

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

Maybe at one time, but I don't think he's played in over two years.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Hurricane said:
Trent Williams is the Redskins' second best player, but Monty is definitely underrated.  As is Darrel Young, but I digress.

Williams might be a beast, but running up the gut like Washington did with Morris, Montgomery was paving highways for the son of a bitch.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Hurricane said:
Maybe at one time, but I don't think he's played in over two years.

Oh, I know, but both years his injuries have devastated their secondary. I mean, it's not like Corey Webster's worth a shit, and Amukamara could safely be called a bust if he doesn't show some real signs of progression this year. Amukamara's kinda stuck in that Kyle Wilson role, so far. A decent player but not worth his draft pick.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

I'd say Amukamara is our best. Thomas could have been our best and probably was two years ago but he's missed 2 full years basically. He's not worth much anymore and it's difficult to have any faith he'll stay healthy. Then of course Amukamara being our best corner doesn't really matter when you look at the CB talent around him. 

VC15

Reaction score
Hurricane said:

Easy. Prince Amukamara.

VC15

Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

Best at giving up large chunks of yards and touchdowns? Yes.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Domerocker13 said:

Best at giving up large chunks of yards and touchdowns? Yes.

ohhh come on, he hasn't given up a touchdown in three years! 

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:

ohhh come on, he hasn't given up a touchdown in three years! 

I feel like an awful person but I had to rep that lol.

Anyway, one of the Giants' receivers had an awful injury, I guess. Kris Adams or something?

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I agree that Wilson could, but while he had some good, borderline great games, he was not a complete stud throughout the season. How far can he fall? To being solid enough to win most games? I just don't know what he floor is for Russell Wilson. Andrew Luck could have some real turnover problems. RG3 could be forced to change his entire game, the Redskins forced to adjust their entire offense. Russell Wilson needs to lose Marshawn Lynch to really fall, imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%