Terrence Jones arrested for stomping on homeless man

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
Police: NBA player Terrence Jones stomped on homeless man in Portland
Posted: Jul 31, 2013 11:18 AM PDT Updated: Jul 31, 2013 11:56 AM PDT

Terrence Jones, who plays for the NBA's Houston Rockets and is a former standout at Portland's Jefferson High School, was arrested early Wednesday morning in Portland.

Jones was taken into custody after a Portland police sergeant patrolling the Old Town district saw a large group of people exit the Tube night club on Northwest Third Avenue around 2 a.m.
As the group spilled into the street, an officer used a PA system to tell the crowd to go back onto the sidewalk.
While watching the group walk away from the bar, the sergeant saw Jones walk by a doorway where two homeless men were sleeping, police said.
Officers said Jones yelled, 'Wake up,' and then raised his leg and stomped down on the leg of one of the sleeping men.
Police contacted Jones about a half-block away and arrested him out of the group of about eight people.
After the arrest, they learned Jones is on the roster of the Houston Rockets.
Police booked him into the Multnomah County Jail on a charge of harassment. He has already been released, and will make his first court appearance Wednesday afternoon.
The victim, 46-year-old Daniel Kellerher, suffered a minor leg injury and didn't need medical attention, police said.
Jones graduated from Jefferson High School in Portland. He played two years of college basketball at University of Kentucky, where he won a national championship.
He was then picked in the first round of the 2012 NBA Draft by the Rockets. In his rookie season, he struggled to crack the lineup and played in only 19 games.

What a dumbass. lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if he did more damage hed be in serious trouble, this will just be a slap on the wrist.

Amare

#swaggeronahudredthousandtrillion
Reaction score
why the fuck would you do that

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
.doctor said:
why the fuck would you do that
some guy in detroit just ran over two bums and killed them.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I can't stomp on homeless men whats this all been about? What have I been working toward?

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Funny... just watched this video now I see this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsIOoXG_gmo

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I hope the Rockets don't cut him because of this, but wow, Terrence, wow. You were looking at starting at the 4 this coming season and you do something like this to your reputation? Come on, man.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haha, the South Park homeless episode was on when I read the title.

"CHAAAAAAAAAAAANGE"

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kinda looks like Sebastian Telfair.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Whether or not this is true is already being questioned, so I'm thinking this was a "let's try and get some money out of a successful local kid" type of deal. Jones and his lawyer are arguing that he tripped over the homeless man, which is feasible considering he was drunk, but I dunno. We'll just have to wait and see. There have also been reports of Jones crying before his court session because he feels wronged and doesn't want people to think this is who he is. 

A police officer reported having seen the event, but we all know how they exaggerate things. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%