2010 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As per Bob McKenzie:
Horton and Gregory Campbell for Dennis Wideman, 15th overall pick and another draft pick. Done.

Chiarelli has to have something up his sleeve with getting another pick...no way he would just give it away like that. Probably involving Savard :(
Kiss Derek Forbort good bye

But saying hello to Cam Fowler would be a better option IMO

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sharks letting Nabokov walk:
Sharks won't offer contract to Nabokov

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- The San Jose Sharks are cutting ties with goalie Evgeni Nabokov.

General manager Doug Wilson said Tuesday the team has told Nabokov he will not be offered a contract when he becomes an unrestricted free agent next month.

Nabokov has been one of the top goalies in the NHL the past few years, winning a league-best 131 games over the past three seasons. He has a 293-215-29 record in 10 seasons with the Sharks, with a 2.39 goals-against average. He helped the Sharks reach the Western Conference finals this year where they were swept by the eventual Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks.

Wilson says he would like to sign the team's other unrestricted free agents, including leading goal-scorer Patrick Marleau.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not surprised. They got a few goalie prospects but they might not be ready. Maybe get a cheaper goalie.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thomas to SJ?

Also, I think Darren Dreger is smoking some good ganja:
No talk yet between Bruins and Leafs,with Wideman traded how long before Kaberle to Boston discussions start? Some say Savard is available.
No way in HELL Savard is even mentioned in the same conversation as Toronto. We still hold their pick for next year too, so why would we help them out at all? The only way they trade Savard is if they get a top pick this year...we also have that one from Toronto too. I think the Wideman trade allows them to keep, as long as they resign them, the Boychuk/Stuart pairing that worked well last season. I doubt Boston goes after Kaberle

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ray Whitney looks to be done as a Hurricane as I suspected

Jordan Staal had a slight surgery to repair a torn tendon

Cap ceiling will be 59M for the upcoming season

And Baggs, all this Savard <Censored> is really getting to you calm down lol.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As per Bob McKenzie's twitter
Chicago to send Byfuglien, Sopel, Eager and Akim Aliu to Atl for 24th overall pick, 54th overall pick, Marty Reasoner and Jeremy Morin.
Boy I would be happy if this becomes official.

Mooche

Reaction score
Wow, that trade I don't like for Chicago at all.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its a money move. Might as well get what you can
+1
Plus I have yet to see him score 20 goals and at least 50 points in a year. Giving up a 1st rounder is kind of questionable imo. He also had the more talented team. Don't get me wrong though, Atlanta has some nice young talent, they're just not there yet.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
+1
Plus I have yet to see him score 20 goals and at least 50 points in a year. Giving up a 1st rounder is kind of questionable imo. He also had the more talented team. Don't get me wrong though, Atlanta has some nice young talent, they're just not there yet.
They have another first rounder so New Jersey's was expendable

Just no more drafting Kirill Kabanov

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Johnny Boychuk signed a two year extension with the B's. About 3-3.75 million total.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dude is cashing in on his solid season ha

I like it for the Bruins

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chicago Blackhawks center Colin Fraser has been traded to the Edmonton Oilers for a sixth-round draft pick.
-ESPN Chicago
Fraser is an RFA that wasn't going to be re-signed by the Hawks anyways.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In order to stay under NHL limit of 50 contracts, Thrashers forced to dump some players:

Thrashers dealt forward Brett Sterling, defenceman Michael Vernace, and a 7th round 2010 draft pick to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for future considerations.
Wojtek Wolski also re-signs with Phoenix for 2 years/$7.6M

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hawks are gonna keep Marty Reasoner on the lower lines then since they gave away Fraser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%